• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days post-op

ethansshaw

Hey everyone, Ethan here on my fifth day post op Duodenal Switch. I'm feeling pretty good. Right after the surgery in recovery I was having a difficult time, blood pressure would not go down, I stabilized and was put in my room 6hrs. later that evening. And it was a rough night. I couldn't stop hiccuping which led to vomit then a hr of sleep and start over again. They took me off the Morphine and Heparin and I started feeling better immediately! Surgery was Friday I was discharged Sunday. It's been a slow process as far as figuring out what I can tolerate now. still on pureed food eating with baby spoons. I'm still sore in my stomach as to be expected. But I'm doing alright getting around the house, taking vitamins and meds a scrabble egg usually in the am some type of chicken at night, plenty water during the day, so im feeling pretty good so far. Weight loss started quickly as of today I'm down 16 lbs 5 days out

Well done for both your op and your weight loss and welcome to the losers bench!
Sorry to hear you've had a rough time after op but ,as you can see, it's over and you're recovering very fast!
Can I ask if you converted a Sleeve or went straight to a Duodenal Switch?

Back