• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op

Ali_RFD

Well my op was on 14th, everything went really well! Surgeon was amazing, I went to Mr Gibson at the Glasgow Nuffield, the staff were fantastic as well, all spending lots of time with me, so helpful and reassuring! Definitely recommend them to anyone else!

Have been feeling pretty good, only taking a little paracetamol at night before bed. Have coped with all liquids, soups and yoghurts so far without any real issues.

I had the surgery to lose weight and hopefully get rid of my diabetes, so far all is going well and my blood sugar levels are sitting in the range of someone without diabetes!! So excited!

Cannot recommend this surgery more to anyone thinking about it. Early days I know but I'm feeling so positive ? x

Well done you! :D i couldnt even handle much until a few days after - staff for me were lovely but damn did they insist i walked like a few hours after - i just wanted to sleep lol

Well my op was on 14th, everything went really well! Surgeon was amazing, I went to Mr Gibson at the Glasgow Nuffield, the staff were fantastic as well, all spending lots of time with me, so helpful and reassuring! Definitely recommend them to anyone else! Have been feeling pretty good, only taking a little paracetamol at night before bed. Have coped with all liquids, soups and yoghurts so far without any real issues. I had the surgery to lose weight and hopefully get rid of my diabetes, so far all is going well and my blood sugar levels are sitting in the range of someone without diabetes!! So excited! Cannot recommend this surgery more to anyone thinking about it. Early days I know but I'm feeling so positive ? x

Congratulations on getting to the loser's bench. That is such great news about your diabetes ! Fantastic. I assume you had a bypass ? I had a mini bypass in June a revision from a gastric band, nothing mini about it really it is just done differently. I went back to my original surgeon in Belgium. I couldn't get that op here in Glasgow anyway and I long since gave up on the NHS. No regrets :)

Wish you a smooth recovery hun. Hugx

Well done on joining the losers bench! Take time to recover then get on with enjoying your new life

Thanks for all the good wishes. It was the gastric sleeve I had done. I looked at the bypass but decided I didn't need it, the sleeve was a better fit for me and my eating habits.

It's all been so positive so far!

Yeah I definitely need to chill out and let my body heal now, takes me a while to get up and down the stairs but not in any real pain at least :)

Best decision I have made! X

Oh it's really great to hear your experience as I'm a pre-opper. I'm about to book my date and I have to admit I'm a little nervous. Glad to hear that you're doing well. Good luck with the weight loss xx

Back