• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days to go, panicking

Yes you are :D What you are feeling is completely normal, Im sure almost everyone has felt the same at one stage or another along the way, I know I have and will again as it gets nearer! Its a big op and it is scary, but soo soooooooooo worth it :D You will be fine :D x

It is a massive decision, Im sure none of us have taken it lightly. Every time I get wobbly I just think of how utterly miserable I am being this size! How much better I will feel if I dont have to carry all this extra weight around with me and then I usually think "Yes, its deffinately the right decision!" :D x

:)YES:)

If I knew how to I would make that "yes" in giant letters-I can't wait for my timex

:cry:Im really starting to majorly freak out. Thinking that I am doing the wrong thing or that I will be unlucky and get serious complications or it wont work and I will have gone through it all for nothing, and so on.

Argh!

Am I doing the right thing arent I?
x

Oh, i soo feel for you and im exactly the same keep wobbling and thinking OH MY GOD what on earth am i 'choosing' to do to myself :s..... BUT we both know if we dont then the weight will prob just keep piling on and we'd be so gutted that we didnt grab this chance with both hands and embrace it with all we've got !!
You ARE doing the right thing, same as me , so, ill see you on the other side ;)
XX Dawn

I was relaxed on surgery day but I was still saying to hubby "I HAVE to do this dont I honey, I CANT do it by myself" all the way until five minutes before I went down for the op. It is sooo understandable.
Steph xx

Yeah honey we'll be fabulous and fantastic and slim and healthy and confident and happy and ..... well i could go on and on :)
lmao you'll probably have to give this little chat in 2 1/2 weeks time when im nearly up ;)
xx Dawn

I imagine I will feel just the same, nervous about the thought of it coming so soon. Found out today the date for my surgery is being bought forward by 2 days; I know its almost a month away but you can see it creeping up on you.

All I want to say is Good Luck and take care; think of the new woman who will come out the otherside.

Best Wishes

Kat

I feel exactly the same hun. I was going to cancle my op today as i keep thinking i can't do it.....What has made me change my mind is why i wanted the surgery in the first place. It is a major op and if you've got this far it will just be nerves and are own mind telling us we're going to fail, but we're not, we'll be winners this time xxx

ZNS, my surgery is the same day as yours & i feel exactly the same, because up until the start of the pre op diet, it was like it was happening to someone else, we shall be fine, we have to think positive :D

There are no failures and we are all going forward...Em you have achieved so much...

Likewise Kerry.... always at your side... best foot forward and always with you xxx

It's totally normal and we all did it to a degree. Just look at it like this, just for once you are handing the responsibility over to people who want to help you live to your fullest potential, they are excellent at what they do and they want you to succeed so will take extremely good care of you and your body..so you can have a much longer fuller happier life from the moment you wake in recovery x You'll be OK x

To all of you having wobbles: I did too, massive and major ones pre-surgery. I spent most of the night before praying for guidance, and feeling so frustrated that I couldn't 'do it myself'.

Try this: write down all the things you hate about being big, and all the things you're hoping to get from surgery. It should help firm things up for you.

I'm now 5 weeks post-op and ALREADY beginning to reap the benefits from my surgery. Despite having a tough time, I would do it again in a FLASH!

Yes, you're doing the right thing!

That's how I look at it Charis... it's a lifetime opportunity... it will soon come and go and just keep strong and positive.. we are all with you and will be in touch always... have a rest before and after and start thinking of that wonderful wardrobe you will be building up later on...

A loving hug on it's way as always precious xxx

I was exactly the same... in the run up to my op I kept thinking I can diet I can do this without putting myself & eveyone thru this huge operation BUT actually I can't do it & even tho its a huge thing right now in the whole scheme of how I'll live my life afterwards its a very small price to pay!

I love my little pouch & until you have it done you just can't comprehend how different it makes you feel, it reall y is a little miracle & the best switch that has ever been pressed in my body with its battle against food!

Your definately doing the right thing & in less than a week you will have thought so too..... promise. xx

It is totally natural to feel this way. In fact, it means that you are not going into this lightly (no pun intended!) and that you are ready to put in all the effort that is needed. I was exactly the same way - completly convinced that I was going to be a big fat failure (pun intended this time). Just over six months down the line and I am wearing size 14 clothes!!! Can you imagine that?? Because there is no way that I would have thought I'd have lost over 90 pounds in such a short time.

Just think of all the exciting things you will be able to do on 'the other side'. Good thoughts coming your way hun. xx

hi,,

Im having the same feelings too,but Im constantly telling myself I HAVE TO DO THIS!
All the years of constantly battling with my weight,I might see a light at the end of the tunnel..my operation is monday...

good luck to all x

Back