• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any1 want to do 5 day pouch test??

Andrea73

I really need to get my eating back on track so was thinking of doing the 5 day pouch test starting on Friday. Does anyone want to do it with me so that we have moral support.

My meals are completely non existant just now and I seem to be picking at the wrong things so I feel this would be the best way to get back to basics and embrace my pouch again.

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Hi Claudia

This is the link for the website. Its basically going back to the beginning. I definitely think I have got complacent and am taking my pouch for granted. I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks and want it to work for me so I don't abuse it. Let me know what you think and maybe we could do it together.

Ive been thinking about this myself, but Friday not a good day for me to start as I'm back at work after 4 weeks off.

Good luck with it, and would love to follow your progress. x

Thats a shame Sam, the more the merrier.

Is there any others that fancy doing the 5DPT??
I am definitely starting tomorrow.

Good luck with it Andrea. If the first few days go well for you, I may start it on Monday! Scales have been stuck for a while for me again and I need to give them a kick start.

Thanks Sam. I am really hoping I can do this. So far so good but then it is only 7.55 am LOL.

I'll post what I have to eat/drink throughout these 5 days and I really want to make it....

Good luck hun - I have done the 5DPT - your right it is for getting back on track and cutting carbs completely...dont use it for losing weight...thats just a good side effect! Good luck lovely x

Well so far today I have had:

2 cups of tea, loads of water
2 x protein shakes
some soup

I am hungry, got a headache and want to keep going and get back on track. I'm sure once I get onto day 2 then it will hopefully be easier. It just goes to show how quickly the carb monster takes over our bodies.

You've done fab. Well done for sticking to it. If you get tempted to eat, have an early night instead.

I know weight loss isnt the main motivation, but did you weigh yourself this morning before you started?

Shame on you Sam asking if I had weighed myself. Of course I did LOL. I was 11st 1lb. I could really eat now and am actually asking myself why am I doing this. I've had a bypass etc etc.

i'd really like to try it again, first time i only lasted 2 days :( can't do it just yet but hopefuly soon. Good luck hun keep us informed on how your doing xx

Hi Andrea, hope your managing, i did this about 4 months ago and it gets better by day 3, i didnt lose much but i do think it helped a little. I hated the fact of feeling like i was on a DIET again though!!!!!!!

Lisa you are so right, I think this is the reason I have found it hard going. It is the mentality of being on a diet again and I hate it.

Anyway its day 3 and although I would say I haven't been perfect, I have followed the test 98% which I reckon is pretty good going. As a bonus the scales have also moved. This morning I was 10st 13lb WOOP WOOP

oh wow... I cant imagine being 10 stone something. Well done. I think sticking to it 98% is great. Cant wait to see whether you can feel your restriction more on your first "food" day of the 5DPT.

Hi Sam. I know I couldn't believe it when I jumped on the scales this morning cos they really haven't moved for 2 months. You know what I have noticed the restriction which is great. It isn't easy and I couldn't do it very often but I think it is a great reminder on how I have let my eating habits slip.

Well done Andrea on getting under 11 stone! I've been stuck on 12.2 for a month now, i so wanna be 11 stone something!!

Back