• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 months after bypass

Sar2567

Well I have now had my bypass for just over 5 months. Can't believe how things have changed in that time. I started the year as a 22/20 and am now a definite size 14, some tops need a 16 as thankfully I have not lost my boobs!
When I went for my I initial appointment with Mr Sigurrdson I was 17 stone 7, today I am 12 stone 3 and am absolutely hob a led that I have been able to achieve this loss already. Sole with my dietician yesterday and already she was talking about maintenance, which seemed strange.
I have a BMI of 26 now compare to the 41 I started with. I would like to get below 25 so that I am classed as a healthy weight, maintain for a year and then look at whether I can have the tummy tick I would really like. My stomach could definitely do with it, which is weird as I didn't think it would be something that would bother me or be so big as I didn't have a huge amount of weight to loose.
I hope others are enjoying their weight loss and starting to see the results of their hard work?

Well done! Like you I started at a size 20 and went to marks & Spencer's yesterday and was able to fit into a size 16, a bit snug but still pleased. I had my surgery 2 months ago and felt frustrated that the weight was coming off slowly( as I wanted to be thin over night) lol but I wouldn't have been able to lose the weight if I hadn't had the surgery. What is your typical daily food intake? Xxx

Dimond, if I am honest my food intake is not great if I am honest. I am very rarely hungry and find myself 'forgetting' to eat if I am not careful. I try to make sure that I get enough protein, each day I have a baby bel light for lunch. If I have breakfast it is generally granola and yoghurt, in the evening I generally just have a small piece of meat, that is more than I can manage.

I fin I am lucky to eat about half of a tea plate at most at any one time. I have managed to increase my liquid intake though which in the initial days was a real worry.

I have had a real problem with hair loss. In fact I am going very thin in places and had my hair cut to try to hide the worst areas.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm like you I forget to eat sometimes but when I do I can eat a little bit more than what you are having! Good luck with you're future journey xxx

Back