• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 months post op bypass HELP....

Sarahlou123

Hi All
I'm at my wits end. I'm getting obsessed with my weight. Help.
I had my bypass op in December and I have lost 7stone all together. Yes this is amazing and i feel great but I weight everyday 2 or 3 times a day and I'm beating myself up all the time. I've not lost for 2 weeks despite using treadmill eating healthy.
Am I eating wrong? Am I eating too much? Is this it for me? It's constantly going round in my head and I feel like I want to cry.... I'm so obsessed with it it's not good.
Breakfast- protein shake or wheatabix (1)
Lunch - Salad with ham or prawns (I seek to be able to eat way too much salad)
Dinner - chicken and vege or soup or cottage pie etc.
I'm eating off a side plate but feel I am eating bigger portions that I should.
I'm so worried I'm doing it all wrong and I am failing.
Please help. Any advice would be welcomed before I go insane :(

Have you tried weighing your food if your feel your portions are big? Get someone to hide ur scales. And check inches. Everyone has a stall... even gains. Just keep that in mind xx

Thankyou so much. I can always count on you for a reply :) thankyou hunny x

This is really common - nearly everyone I have spoken to has had a stall at one stage or another, don't beat yourself up and do not weigh yourself every day - once a week is more than enough. If your stall lasts for longer than a month then maybe just switch up what you are eating, try doing say 200 less calories for 2 days then back up for a couple then back down, this will kick start your metabolism if it has gone to sleep slightly. Also are you working out? x

Can you ask your GP/refer yourself (depends on how your system works) for some CBT? This possibly needs some some help with behaviour change.

Back