• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 or more a day - Have we all been duped ?

I couldn't stand liver when I was a child and I haven't eaten it since. Hubby likes it but he's only allowed to cook it when I'm out of the house ! ...maybe I ought to try some lightly cooked lamb's liver ? It can't be as bad as that dry rubbery pig's stuff mum served up...

A couple of interesting articles on Carol's blog - thanks for the link.... will have to investigate that website more often! The stir fry fish dish sounds lush - I love fish!

I seem to remember not long ago there was some uproar when the healthy brigade were slamming cheese as being too fatty - cheese makers/sellers then developed a campaign to say that cheese was in fact good for you (in moderation!). The same thing has happened in the past with milk, bread and potatoes, I'm sure. All the things that we tend to steer away from when we're dieting - I wonder what revenue manufacturers/retailers lose in January/February when everyone goes on diets?

PS I used to love lambs liver, lightly pan fried (no fat - just a hot skillet), with crispy bacon, mushrooms and a poached egg on top. Hmm... creamy mash and shredded savoy cabbage might be worth trying too! Haven't had it for years thou as I've never thought to ask hubby if he likes it... perhaps it'll be back on the shopping list next week!

Back