• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op 3 meals a day or should I do 5?

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Today ive noticed a few differences in my body...

A load more gas, and the feeling like im going to be sick/nausea as I havent eaten......When I have eaten?

Im wondering, that even though im drinking fluids all day, the 3 small meals im having are not sufficient enough for my body, as Im up early'ish and go to bed late....(8am-midnight)...So perhaps It may be wiser for me to have 5 small meals a day rather than 3 meals a day...

At present im doing breakfast before midday. (cant eat when i first wake up)
usually a weetabix or ready break
Lunch im doing between 1-3pm - Usually a soup
Dinner sometime between 5-8pm -Usually a soup or mashed potato

I havent been able to drink much of tea or coffee either, ive tried it warm, hot and even cold but it seems to fill me up by about 1/4 of a mug.

Does anyone else do 5 small meals a day rather than the standard 3?

No I've always done 3, breakfast usually 7am, lunch at 12ish and dinner at 6ish....it will be easier once on solids as you can have some fruit in between if you're peckish! But have to say I'm rarely hungry inbetween it's usually boredom or others eating that makes me want something! :) listen to your body though and if it's hungry have a mug of coffee made with milk...won't harm you!

Nice new pic Jo :)

Bluebutterflier said:
Today ive noticed a few differences in my body...

A load more gas, and the feeling like im going to be sick/nausea as I havent eaten......When I have eaten?

Im wondering, that even though im drinking fluids all day, the 3 small meals im having are not sufficient enough for my body, as Im up early'ish and go to bed late....(8am-midnight)...So perhaps It may be wiser for me to have 5 small meals a day rather than 3 meals a day...

At present im doing breakfast before midday. (cant eat when i first wake up)
usually a weetabix or ready break
Lunch im doing between 1-3pm - Usually a soup
Dinner sometime between 5-8pm -Usually a soup or mashed potato

I havent been able to drink much of tea or coffee either, ive tried it warm, hot and even cold but it seems to fill me up by about 1/4 of a mug.

Does anyone else do 5 small meals a day rather than the standard 3?

Hi you should be having five or six small one how you are feeling is normal am five months now and it took me a while to feel good stay with it go stead and you will be fine xxx juem

No I've always done 3, breakfast usually 7am, lunch at 12ish and dinner at 6ish....it will be easier once on solids as you can have some fruit in between if you're peckish! But have to say I'm rarely hungry inbetween it's usually boredom or others eating that makes me want something! :) listen to your body though and if it's hungry have a mug of coffee made with milk...won't harm you!

Cant drink coffee at the moment....(read above).....

do you not want a milky coffee to fill you up? I'd see that as a bonus managing quarter of a cup n getting full...? (confused)

do you not want a milky coffee to fill you up? I'd see that as a bonus managing quarter of a cup n getting full...? (confused)

Yes of course I want it filling me up, but I say I can manage 1/4 of a mug but I dont enjoy it....Its not like other drinks that I have....ie: herbal teas, squashes, juices...I can drink those normally but I have a problem so far with coffee and tea....

Ive done a thread about it...called tea & coffee.

Sorry for not reading all your threads!

Sorry for not reading all your threads!

I didnt mean that....I meant that in this thread, I did post about my problem with Tea/coffee....I wasnt assuming you read all my threads or knew everything about my problems with tea/coffee.

I was merely asking if I should possibly go onto 5 small meals a day to spread the day out rather than 3....

I find it easier to have my three meals and a couple of healthy snacks in between. It seems to work better for me. Strange cos I read a lot that we should be having three meals a day rather than five ... But my nurse said to do what works best for me. So I am going to go with what my body tells me. The weeks I have tried to stick to the three meals a day, my weight didn't shift much, even though I actually consumed less calories. Bizarre! You will find your own groove in time ;)

Back