• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 stone down- thrilled with my sleeve!!

Eve30

So it's been 4 months since my sleeve and I can't believe I am only a stone away from goal! The nurse said I shouldn't expect to lose all the weight but I'm now 11.5 stone(from 16.7) so YES I do expect to get to my goal! My worry is when the restriction goes- have spoken to so many who a year on are eating the wrong foods and I do not want to go down that route. I'm trying to choose the proteins at a meal rather than the carbs- it's really difficult as chicken is so much harder to digest than potatoes but I'm doing well. I have not had any bread or cakes biscuits and just wondering if it is normal to have treats like once a week- doesnt seem realistic to never have does it??

I'm still pre-op so cannot answer your food questions but just wanted to say well done on your loss so far :) Have you been taking comparison pics?

Well done to you! I think its quite normal, whatever type of surgery we have to introduce a "treat" if that is what works for us. Even though I am still losing, I make sure that I have a small treat a day, as I don't want to be stuck in the mindset that foods are "good" or "bad" and to try and work at getting a balanced approach to food and for the longer term.

Well done Eve!! Restriction doesn't go 1 year post op? I was told it takes 9 months for all the swelling to go down so maybe that's what you mean. You won't be at your full capacity yet. What does matter is what you eat! Maybe our motivation dwindles after a year?

I eat exactly what I want and try to make good choices most of the time. It's worked for me so far.

As soon as this feels like a diet to me i will fly off the rails.

We each have to find our own way. I often have a chocolate bar if I fancy one but its just one unlike pre-op.

You know yourself best so decide what works for you.

If you don't reintroduce it is there a risk you'll go back to pre-op eating habits once at goal? Just a thought.

I don't buy biscuits unless individually wrapped as I know I can't trust myself to eat a whole pack. Biscuits go down very easily.

Well done with your loss it's brilliant. Get some pics up! Xx

Last edited:
Ah thanks all! Victoria that's clever about the biscuits- I was thinking more about the odd choc here and there. And about the restriction I mean that now I am stuffed after one chicken drumstick and I worry about the time when I won't be and portion size may increase? I'm losing all the time now and it must be bec I am eating so little.

But if you stick to the rules you'll never be able to eat loads! I can't manage a whole chicken breast still x

Back