• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have you got a Christmas goal?

Smallerme

I would really like to buy a new outfit in a comfortable size smaller for Christmas. I have quite a lot of basics to see me through the next couple of sizes through previous yoyo-ing but something new would be nice.

Weightloss goal I'd be very happy with 2 stone but I'd be taking that from the week pre-op too and as I'm newly sleeved I don't think that's setting the bar too high as that'll making it over 11 weeks. I'd be thrilled with more but expect by then there will be weeks I have stalled or lost little so bigger losses at first will equalise out.

I'm going to do my official weigh in tomorrow for my week since surgery weight and I'll take it from there.

What would you like for your goal?

To have had my surgery by then! I really don't want another indulgent Christmas. Losing weight over this period is impossible, no matter how hard I try! Not just the good food and wine but the lack of exercise because of the cold! :(

By xmas i would like to be cleared to do exercise other than walking. I would also like to be 10lbs lighter. Previous diet experience has taught me i lose weight very slowly so i feel iv set myself an achievable goal x I would like a new going out outfit x

To have had my surgery by then! I really don't want another indulgent Christmas. Losing weight over this period is impossible, no matter how hard I try! Not just the good food and wine but the lack of exercise because of the cold! :(

Have you any idea when your surgery will take place?

i hope you get your letter soon! x

Hiya girls! I would like another 18lb by Christmas! Keeping my fingers crossed :) that would take me to 9stone loss and mean I weigh 12st 6lb which is totally a mental low weight to me!! Lol! I think this is achievable, really hoping so anyway!! 2lb a week should be fine for me! Good luck everyone! Xx

Flickalicious - wonderful that you have a date! I am (hopefully) having a band to sleeve conversion on the same day. I'll be thinking of you. Good luck. My Christmas goal is just to get through the exciting pre-op diet (starting tomorrow) and to get through the op and recover from it.

I want to be wearing a Monsoon dress for the first time in my life.

Ohh good one Beegee. I love Monsoon but their dresses ain't built for my bosum. I was ever so disappointed not to be able to find a nice one to fit for my sister's wedding when I lost 4 stone the other year.

Last edited:
Bally - to reach your target weight would be a great Christmas gift to yourself!
Kelly1 - good luck with your weight loss goal.- go for it!
Beegee - a Monsoon dress sounds great
Good luck to everyone :)

Flickalicious - wonderful that you have a date! I am (hopefully) having a band to sleeve conversion on the same day. I'll be thinking of you. Good luck. My Christmas goal is just to get through the exciting pre-op diet (starting tomorrow) and to get through the op and recover from it.

May I ask what that is please?
I suppose now since I have been given a date, I need a new christmas goal? Get through the op and be well enough to see my 2 year old little boy enjoy Christmas! And have fun with my husband as its our first christmas together as a married couple :)

How is your pre op diet going? Mine starts tomorrow!!!!

Our autism support group xmas do is on Dec 21st and I am not shopping for a dress until a few days before, as I have no idea where I'll be on the scales by then. It would be wonderful to be down to a size 18 by then, but I am not putting pressure on myself about it. Whatever it is, it will be fantastic any way.

Flickalicious - I have a gastric band which has badly slipped and needs removed. I wish to be sleeved but the surgeon says it is 50/50 as to whether it can be completed in the one op. I may have a band removal and then have to wait months to be sleeved. Not fun but I accept this because it will mean an optimal result. Pre op diet is not fun but I'm doing it! My liver will be in a good condition for the op despite any temptations that come my way!

Flickalicious - I have a gastric band which has badly slipped and needs removed. I wish to be sleeved but the surgeon says it is 50/50 as to whether it can be completed in the one op. I may have a band removal and then have to wait months to be sleeved. Not fun but I accept this because it will mean an optimal result. Pre op diet is not fun but I'm doing it! My liver will be in a good condition for the op despite any temptations that come my way!

Ooh man :/ lets hope you dont have to wait too long for the op if they can't do it all at the same time. Id be a mess if I knew I had to wait!
Started the pre op diet this morning, just finished my second pint of milk. I was excited to do it but even after half a day its hard! All my son does is moan and ask for food. Guess when I knew I could join him for lunch it wasnt so bad but knowing im not allowed just makes it harder :(

Flickalicious -The pre op diet does get easier around day four. Not easy - just a bit more bearable. Unfortunately we have to do it to allow access to the stomach. Op day will be here before we know it.
The only way I have been able to cope with not knowing the outcome of the op is by planning and preparing for a sleeve ie getting all the shakes, soups etc. If I just have my band removed then I will go on a low carb diet to keep my weight from rising any more.

Back