• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

50 posts-now what?

dizzybizzi

Hello all, I have now managed to get 50 posts. How long do I have to wait for until I can get all the benefits of the site?

Will I be able to put a profile pic on?

Will I be able to send emails? I had an email but I couldn't send one back.

Also, how do u get all those cool weight loss sliders etc? I have seen them on here but lost then again!!!

Thank u, any advise would be great x:p

sugga

Someone will come along soon lovey...you will be able to do all these things soon but its just knowing how..my daughter does mine for me as it complicated. xxx

dizzybizzi

My friend is coming round tomorrow-he will prob make sense of it all for me!

I have just managed to view someone's photos for the first time tho-so something has happened!
Yay!
x

dizzybizzi

I am really enjoying myself tonight on here! Was really down earlier when I hadn't made any plans for this eve! Now I am really happy! I am sure I will have hundred posts by end of eve too so that's a bonus!
I just keep getting up and tidying bits of my flat-cos I haven't got the energy to do loads at a time!
U just really confused me because I got the message about being able to do something else but u will tell me when u pm me-but I have no idea where or how u wrote it! It's not on a thread, it is at the bottom of my 'user cp' page! xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
It takes a few hours for the site to update and acknowledge you have reached the new level of privileges. You will be able to add a picture, all of your left bar stats, send private messages and emails, update your profile, add pictures, see other peoples profiles and leave profile messages, and see other peoples photos. There are a couple of other things but those are the main ones.

To add a ticker to your signature click the option on the green bar at the top of every page that says tickers or something similar (I use my phone so can't see the whole site).

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

sugga

Its called a rep hit and you can send them to anyone who is on the site to either cheer em up, or if they have given good support and just to say hello if you like.

At the bottom left of your own page there is a set of scales and if you click on them you can write your message if and when you want to...not sure if you can use the feature yet.
When you have received so many reps you get a star which you will see on most of our pages.
The more you send the more you will get back and the more stars you will recieve....confused haha...let me know. xxxx

dizzybizzi

Wow shelbel-amazing pics! Wowowowowow!!! U must feel incredible!

Thanks for the info, I will stop trying now and wait!!! x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
dizzybizzi said:
Wow shelbel-amazing pics! Wowowowowow!!! U must feel incredible!

Thanks for the info, I will stop trying now and wait!!! x

Thankyou, i love my new size and feel great slim. It will be you're turn soon!

dizzybizzi

Thanks Jacqui, it has just shown up! I like that pic-then again I never mind face pics! It's the body ones I don't like!! Can u answer a few questions-they are my Dad's questions actually!
1. Will I always crave chocolate and things I can't have?
2. How long does it take to get used to my new stomach?
3. Do u really feel satisfied with such a small amount-is your head still wanting more?
4. Do u ever eat a Macdonalds or anything-or do u really not want it?
5. Do u ever regret what u have done?
6. Were u ever sick?
7. How long after the op were u able to actually eat food? Not liquidised?!

Sorry-loads of questions! thanks! x

shelbell

Proudly maintaining

Probably, this is a very individual thing. Personally it wasn't a problem for me as I believe a little of what you fancy does you good. So when I craved chocolate I had some, the difference post op was one or two squares was enough.

I think generally it takes around 1-2 months to learn how to eat in a new way. You have to take small bites (the size of a pencil top rubber) and chew to liquid. Not doing this is the cause of most pouch pain, as it causes trapped wind in the pouch which is incredibly painful. Some people mistake this for blockages or think they can't tolerate a certain food. You also have to learn what full feels like, but for most people that doesn't take long.

3. Do u really feel satisfied with such a small amount-is your head still wanting more?

Yes I feel satisfied. In the early days I got a perverse kick out of how little I could eat! Occasionally I think oooh I wish I could eat a big cooked breakfast or a big plate at the buffet restaurant, but then I remember that's what got me to 21stone!

Yup. Whilst losing it came under my little of what you fancy rule, but again only a small amount and not very often. Now I eat a LOT of take out and junk food due to chronic malabsorption to prevent further weight loss. Prescription chips I call it!

No!

6. Were u ever sick?

Yes. Generally due to eating to fast and getting trapped wind in my pouch. Being sick post op though is a breeze compared to pre op. Your pouch doesn't fill up with bile like your tummy does, so if you are sick on an empty stomach it's just swallowed saliva. Handy when I had norovirus a few weeks ago! Being sick post op is more of a ladylike bleugh and done than loads of retching and throats full of food.

Each surgeon has a different rule on this. Mine was 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks pureed and 2 weeks soft, so after 4 weeks I could eat mash and fish in sauce etc. In reality, I skipped the purees and was fine, but took it very slowly and chewed for England

dottychic

I can honestly say I havnt wanted chocolate or anything like that since my op, Im sure I will want it at some stage.
I think 6-8 weeks before you start thinking with your "new head" lol....at first it seems weird and you cant understand how you dont feel hungry.
I find I do still sometimes get head hunger, not because Im not satisfied but just because I sometimes just "want" a certain thing. I now recognise it as head hunger though and maybe have a drink.
Ive not eaten anything like McDonalds post op and can honestly say I havnt wanted it. Im sure one day I will have a little of what I fancy!
I dont regret it for one second! Its not easy for sure, it takes some getting used to and there are some dodgy times lol but no deffinately dont regret it :D
6. Were u ever sick?
Right after the op I was pretty nauseous but they gave me tablets that helped loads. I have been sick a couple of times but its different than pre-op, not as bad.
Salford where I had my op is pretty strict I think, I was on fluids for 3 weeks and purees for 3 weeks so six weeks for me (milk diet for 3 weeks before too!) and food tastes lovely after all that time :D

Hope these answers have helped a bit :D XX

dizzybizzi

U guys-I love u so much!
Thank u very very very much.
My Dad is coming over tonight and now I can answer all his niggling questions!

Thanks.
Dizzy xxx

hsmel

Hi - I have not been on for a while as my dad has been ill in hospital but just to say good luck for tomorrow.

I am now five months out and it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself (I went private). I eat everything I want to again . .within reason, and have a relatively 'normal' life. I know that it worried you that life would be really different. Mine isnt . . but I only eat such a tiny proportion of what I would have eaten before that I cannot fail on this journey.

Good luck with your op and I hope you have a pain free and easy journey. I am loving my bypass xxxx