• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

50 posts-now what?

What a great thread! I will be showing my husband those answers tonight.He has been asking me a few of those questions.Thanks ladies:)

Thanks for asking these questions, I had all the same ones. :D
I guess I need to hop on my lap top and start playing on this sight. I always just check it on my phone! lol

thank u hsmel.
AHhhhhhhhhhh scared scared!
The answers to these questions have helped a lot tho.

Thanks everyone.

All of u need to wake up and talk to me tho!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehe x:cry:

What's up? It's perfectly normal to be scared, pre op waiting is like a roller coaster with big highs, but big lows as well. If you weren't scared or anxious then it would be time to worry! You've made a great start just finding this site and starting to research.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i feel sick and have really bad diorreah type thing but not a lot is coming out. I came out of hosp today. Normal? How long will it last? I dont wanna eat. Help! x

A dodgy tummy post op is normal. One way to help it without taking meds is using benefibre. Just 1-2 teaspoons a day mixed into any drink or yoghurt will keep your bowels on an even keel. It's colourless, odourless and tasteless.

The nausea could be a number of things. If it is preventing you eating you can use buccastem (you can buy it over the counter or get it prescribed) as you don't need to swallow a tablet, it sits under your lip against your gum and is absorbed that way. It is an anti-emetic and so stops the nausea.

It's normal to not want to eat, but at this stage it is important that you do. You need nutrition to help healing and it's hard to get enough calories etc from just liquids. Aim to have a foody liquid 5-6 times per day and remember to sip squash or water in between as well. It will feel like you're always 'eating' but if you look at the quantities it's nothing. Try and have protein rich liquids like yoghurts, milk and milky hit drinks, meat/bean based soups and broths etc.

If you still feel sick and have bad bowels after a day or two get proper medical advice, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back