• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 months post-op today :D

Tiggerific

I Love my Bypass!
Well I am officially 6 months post op today! :party0011:

I think I have not done too bad, even if I do say so myself :p

I have lost 6 stone and 8lbs, or 92lbs or 42kgs! I started at a miserable 24 stone 10lbs and now I am 18 stone 2lbs. Gone from a size 32-34 to 22-24, I have even lost a shoe size!

In this short 6 months (and is has been short, it has flown by!!) I have lost 50% of my EWL, so I am half way to “normal” (whatever that may be!! ha-ha) I am not the fastest loser and this has been hard to come to terms with, I lose on average 9lbs a month now, but before the surgery this would have been 4lbs put ON a month!

I have to congratulate myself on every pound off as it’s not easy and I do struggle with my diet. I completely admit that I was one of those pre-oppers who thought that the surgery would do all the hard work for me and I would lose massive amounts of weight, quickly, but I soon realised when the first initial few weeks of rapid weight loss were over and I wasn’t feeling sick anymore that head hunger and bad choices were still there and I had to very quickly try and sort the “fat girl head” out!

As I have already said I still have another 6 stone to shift before I am in the elusive “normal” BMI category but if I am totally truthful, if I can get to a size 16, I am sure I will be more than delighted! (I have not been a size 16 since I was about 12 years old)

I have very tight restriction, do not dump :(, and suffer from very irregular and inconsistent bowels :sick0019:. The restriction means I can only eat tiny amounts of food but that doesn’t mean I can’t eat the wrong things!

I was diabetic before the op and was on ever increasing amounts of insulin (4-5 times a day), I had hypertension and I also have a large incisional hernia from previous abdominal surgery, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I no longer need medication for diabetes or hypertension and my joints are not under as much strain now due to the weight loss :D

Life is definitely getting better, every day :happy036:

Tiggerific said:
Well I am officially 6 months post op today! :party0011:

I think I have not done too bad, even if I do say so myself :p

I have lost 6 stone and 8lbs, or 92lbs or 42kgs! I started at a miserable 24 stone 10lbs and now I am 18 stone 2lbs. Gone from a size 32-34 to 22-24, I have even lost a shoe size!

In this short 6 months (and is has been short, it has flown by!!) I have lost 50% of my EWL, so I am half way to “normal” (whatever that may be!! ha-ha) I am not the fastest loser and this has been hard to come to terms with, I lose on average 9lbs a month now, but before the surgery this would have been 4lbs put ON a month!

I have to congratulate myself on every pound off as it’s not easy and I do struggle with my diet. I completely admit that I was one of those pre-oppers who thought that the surgery would do all the hard work for me and I would lose massive amounts of weight, quickly, but I soon realised when the first initial few weeks of rapid weight loss were over and I wasn’t feeling sick anymore that head hunger and bad choices were still there and I had to very quickly try and sort the “fat girl head” out!

As I have already said I still have another 6 stone to shift before I am in the elusive “normal” BMI category but if I am totally truthful, if I can get to a size 16, I am sure I will be more than delighted! (I have not been a size 16 since I was about 12 years old)

I have very tight restriction, do not dump :(, and suffer from very irregular and inconsistent bowels :sick0019:. The restriction means I can only eat tiny amounts of food but that doesn’t mean I can’t eat the wrong things!

I was diabetic before the op and was on ever increasing amounts of insulin (4-5 times a day), I had hypertension and I also have a large incisional hernia from previous abdominal surgery, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I no longer need medication for diabetes or hypertension and my joints are not under as much strain now due to the weight loss :D

Life is definitely getting better, every day :happy036:

You should be very proud of your self that is amazing keep it up it will be worth it hope I get there soon juem x

Congratulations...you're an inspiration to us new bypassers x
you're 6 months post op too lol

well done tiggs, so glad to see you doing well :) xxx

Fandabdoze Alica :D:D:D I am very, very happy for you :) It will be a good summer for you, lovely & Tigger stripes are VERY slimming, lol xxx :):)

well done, i hope at 6 mths i can of done as well as u xx

Thank you all for your messages xx :hug99:

Back