• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The last two stone...

ejc1905

Six Month Post Op
Hello all - been desparate to get past the 6 month mark so I could join this board!!

I am exactly 6 months & 12 days past my op.
My goal weight is 11stone 6lbs as this is deemed as "healthy" - and then I will see how I feel.

I have gone from a size 24 to size 16 during this time & am really happy with my progress, but am finding the last 2 stone a real challenge.

I have gone back to basics with a 0.5ml fill 3 weeks ago, the removal of all the little amounts of carbs I had introduced & an uplift in the wii activity (I don't do gyms!) but its just not shifting.... I lose 2lbs one week, then put it back on the week after.

Did anyone else get to this stage? What did you do? Am I just reacting because I've had such fast weight loss & this is now realism?

ejc1905

Hi ejc, im now at 10 months and have lost 9 stone but the pattern of losing changed at 6 months, month 7(dec) i had a 4 wk stall and since the new year(11 wks) ive lost almost 1 and a half stone so it has slowed down alot, now over the past few weeks my weight is doing the same as yours i'll lose 1-2lb then the next week it's put on again! Think we may just have to get on with it and hope it sorts itself out, i'm like you and have 2 stone to go. Also i dont excercise but now the sunnier weather is coming im going to dust my bike off and start doing some!

I had introduced & an uplift in the wii activity (I don't do gyms!) but its just not shifting....

Also i dont excercise but now the sunnier weather is coming im going to dust my bike off and start doing some!

I see a pattern emerging :D

It's very hard to get motivated, especially this time of year, but exercise, and lots of it, is the key.

You've both done fantastic so far, but if you want to lose that bit more, regular exercise is the only key.

I know it's hard work, but if you want the results, feel the pain :D

Keep it up though, you're both doing brilliant. :553:

I know how you feel, I have just less than 2 stone to lose and it's become really difficult. 3 months ago I couldn't not lose weight, now I have to be much more careful, this week I actually put on a pound!

I agree that exercise is the key, but I just don't have the time or the energy. I have started line dancing one night per week, and I am trying to get someone to do something else with me, I find things much easier in pairs.

Good luck with the last part of your journey

Rxx

Thank you to you all for your replies.

Maybe we will find it all much easier when the sun comes out, the weather gets warmer & the clocks go back & make it stay lighter for longer - or maybe we are just all making excuses?!?!

Its good to know that others have experienced the same thing as me! I am so happy with the results I have so far acheived & the way I look and feel, the temptation is to say "I'm happy as I am, I'll stay at this weight!" but I know thats the old behaviours I have been working so hard over the last 6 months to change...

I know I'll get through it but its so blimmin frustrating!

ejc1905

I've lost about the same amount as you but it's taken me 3 years to get here!

I confess that I'm a reluctant exerciser and I know that this will help me in the last 3 stone that I have to lose. I also confess that I've never actually 'dieted' since my band, I've just used it as a tool to cut my portion sizes.

I know that if I buckled down and took some notice of what I was putting in my mouth, my target would be all done by August!

May be we could buddy up and get each other down the home straight?
possibly start our own 'home straight' thread, and gee each other along with the increasing of activity and eating a better diet (in my case anyhow!)

What do you think?

Back