• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 weeks post op.

BlueDiamond

Morning everyone

Well its been six weeks since I had my op , How the time has flown :), Well I weighed in today and I have stayed the same this week 13st 1lbs :rolleyes: , I was surprised that I actually didnt gain tbh as I have had the flu and me eating habits have been out of sorts, not what I have been eating but the times I been eating etc as my sleeping patterns been mucked up for quite a few days also. I am getting excited about me first fill next week and wonders what is gonna be in store for me :confused:& hope everything goes to plan.:D If anyone can share what there first experience entailed I would be most grateful as I said I dont know what too expect. (thank you)

Thanks in advance - MeJulie x x

Hiya - well I have had 3 fills with my 4th scheduled this week. Each time I have gone in, got weighed, had a chat on how things are going and then got fluid injected into my band. Its a nippy scratch at the start and feels a bit bruised for a day or so. First time I got 1ml into an empty band ( was the SHO) went home and could eat just the same. Second time it was my actual surgeon who put 6ml in whack all in one go. Felt some restriction for a few weeks which eased. Last time it was the WLS nurse she put another 3ml in , and had no issues doing so. So 10ml in a 14ml band at the mo. That was 4 weeks ago and wow do I feel like I have a band! Things get jammed , alot of stuff is off the menu altogether.
After the fill they ask you to have a glass of water in the waiting room. If it goes down alright you can then go home. They usually say liquids for a day or so, then soft food for another few days before going 'back to normal'. If you can't manage the water without it coming back up they may take some of the saline back out via your port.
I'm on the NHS like you - it may be different for private patients but thats about it - hope it helps :)

Hiya julie
sorry i cant help, i dont understand a thing about bands and fills but i hope all goes well for you, you are doing a cracking job hun xxxx

Back