• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BACK PAIN ( TMI POST)

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys and Gals

I have quite bad back pain , I know this is because I am consitpated ( soz if tmi) but I only been once in 3 weeks and now the back pain is getting worse:sigh: - I used all over the counter remedies ( senakot, senna, herbal stuff all max strength) and last time I went docs I was supplied with fybolgel ( think thats spelt right) now I have an appointment with the docs tonight but tbh this is really making me feel like c**p ( no pun intended) , What remedies have people taken and worked because tbh if this back pain carries on I can see me ending up in A & E:sigh: , my stomach has started to bloat right out as well now :eek: ...I need summit to work asap if possible.....I been eating fruit & veg, drinking plenty, moving about a fair bit but nothing is shifting it..........I just dont know wot else too do......any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated - thanks in advance for reading - MeJulie xx (p.s. meant to add also that I been taking all my vitamins daily as well) xx

Last edited:
Could you dare manage castor oil?? I hope it shifts soon for you xx

Go to the chemist hun and get movicol or laxido both of them ar similar and work a treat there is a remedy on the box if you feel your bowels are impacted if not what i do is take two sachets at a time twice a day for a few days then take one sachet two or three times a day to keep you regular. It's not the nicest to take but it certainly helps me xx

If you feel that you need to go but can't, in other words if your colon is full but you can't pass anything then an enema is your best bet. You can buy glycerol suppositories from the chemist, or get something like microlax prescribed. Microlax works very well very quickly.

To ease the pain and discomfort try a warm bath.

Can second the movicol recommendation, much better than senna and OTC laxatives. Once sorted, try benefibre every day to prevent it happening again.

The best cure and preventative though is water, lots of it.

Have you tried prunes or orange juice. If you get movical go for the max amount which I think is eight I know the kids one is twelve a day for blockage. Try doing some squats aswell it can sometimes just get it moving in the right direction too. Hope you feel better soon my lovely xc

ty for all ur comments........I have tried drinking tons of water/oj exercises, warm baths etc...............docs is the last resort for me....I do try and get things moving on me own before just heading off too the docs, just had enough after nearly 2/3 weeks..ty once again xx

Aw I hope you get something to get you moving so to speak! It seems to be a common problem post-op. Ive had it a few times but not as bad as you, Ive always managed to sort it out without having to see the GP but you need to get is sorted when your in pain with it. Good Luck hun XX

Hope you get it sorted Julie, my daughter was prescribed movicol with lactulose which did the trick x

Thinking of you Julie and sincerely hoping you can achieve some relief... all the very best for a speedy solution precious.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Julie
Sorry to hear you are in pain. Hope the doc can help. You will weight less than 12 stone when you have been!!
Loads of love
Jo XX

Julie i had this problem not long ago and the doc prescribed movicol and senna tablets and this did the job for me...

Hope you're sorted soon x

Hun def try glycerin suppositories they will work within 30/45 mins and u wont have all the nasty side effects that laxatives have and they r really quick and very efficient when it comes to dealing with constipation xx

Hiya hun - lactulose and glycerin suppositories are the way forward. Take the lactulose (off GP) morn and night and pop a suppository up - it helps loose an impacted bowel.
God luck x

Any movement Julie?
I feel for you, I had this problem after my second op for about 2-3 weeks and I was actually crying with the pain of it in the end. For me it was fluids and warm baths which worked.
Best wishes!
Grace xxx

I would try the suppositories. You could also try over the counter magnesium citrate. Drink 1/2 to whole of the bottle (probably the whole in your case) and hopefully you'll be moving by next morning! Good luck!
Shallon

Back