• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 days post op weigh in

yorkshirelass74

I have decided to use my Wii fit to get weighed now, as i have found if you use different scales, you get different readings, anyway, back to the job in hand, today 8 days post op i have lost 13lb i am so pleased, (normally i would give myself a pat on the back with cake or chocolate) then add the 8lb i lost on the liver shrinking diet, thats 21lb a stone and a half!
Apart from the pain which has never been agony just discomfort mostly, i have felt amazing, not had a down day as yet but am keeping an eye open. Am gerrin a bit fed up of soup and bleedin yoghurt, but i keep telling myself its not forever, and remembering to drink is pretty hard too. But apart from that its going amazing, and thank you lot for your support and words of wisdom!
Now budge up a bit you lot on that bench!!!

brilliant start well done xx

Hiya, had my op the week before you, so it will be good to compare notes. I know what you mean about soup and yoghurts lol xxxx

Hiya, had my op the week before you, so it will be good to compare notes. I know what you mean about soup and yoghurts lol xxxx

I have just spoken to my bariatric nurse and she says that they recommend that we stay on the soup/ yoghurts for 3 weeks! youch! but she did say i could introduce very runny porridge or weetabix as of tomorrow, i can also have custard, or jelly but to keep on what i am doing. how are you going on your post op plan hun?:drool:

Hiya, I only had to do soups and yoghurts for one week, second week introduced porridge and mashed potato with gravy, this week I can puree a ready meal, although haven't risked it yet lol. Am also having sugar free jellies, tried some custard, and am going to puree some tinned fruit for tonight xxxx

Yowsers Yorkshirelass......... you're going to have to change your name to Slinky the rate you're going :)

I used to weigh at Boots weekly but now the Wii has returned i have used that, it says i'm 32lb down from last time i went on which was some months ago so i'm happy. Be nice not to keep going in the car to get weighed and i don't know how to get to the weighing bit so will ask my daughter once a week to do that bit for me....

Keep up the good work :) xx

Yowsers Yorkshirelass......... you're going to have to change your name to Slinky the rate you're going :)

I used to weigh at Boots weekly but now the Wii has returned i have used that, it says i'm 32lb down from last time i went on which was some months ago so i'm happy. Be nice not to keep going in the car to get weighed and i don't know how to get to the weighing bit so will ask my daughter once a week to do that bit for me....

Keep up the good work :) xx

Slinky? lol i used to have one of them!

I just miss chewing Tracey i had some chewing gum the other night just to make sure me teeth still work! How are things going for you hun? How long do you have to stay on the soup/yoghurt for?

well my sheet says i have to stay on it soups for 2 weeks but i have read what you have put about weetabix so i might try a tiny bit later to see how it goes . im just worried to try anything new incase it goes wrong.
im feeling ok still a bit soreon my left side low down butapart from that im doing good . havent needed any insulin since the op or any blood pressure pills so thats good :)

well done

Big congratulations on the weight loss Mona, what a fabulous start. :D

My dietician has told me liquid food for 4 weeks post -op, but that does include pureed fruit and runny porridge as well as soup, milky coffee, yoghurt and sugar free jelly.

But I can imagine after 4 weeks I'm gonna want to chew something!

well done luv thats brilliant, at this rate youl be flying towards that target in no time! congratulations xxx

Hi, I had my band op on Saturday and am so far enjoying the post-op liquid stage. Whether I'll be saying that after 3 weeks which is how long i have to stay on it for will be a another thing! What i have been doing is having Heinz soups and mushing any bits away, but to keep moral up i have had tiny tastes of sauces which my family have had with their meals, such as half a teaspoon of cheese sauce (from cauliflower cheese) or half a teaspoon of bbq sauce (off some bbq ribs) and I have been extremely appreciative of those small tastes. Obviously these sauces are runny too.

I dont think its detrimenting my new band at all, but its certainly boosting my moral to carry on with the soups/yoghurts (not that i have much choice!).

Just an idea that i thought might be worth sharing...

I have been doing that too mike, i even sucked one of the kids crisps today! and dont tell anyone but on sunday i did the normal sunday roast for the family, and i chewed 2 mouthfuls of roast beef, it was heaven i can tell you, then spat it out! lol:eek:

It makes sense to me, it'll certainly keep my moral high during the liquid/puree 6 weeks.

Anything else to declare? lol

I ate a prawn cracker for the flavour the other day, and spat it out so i didn't eat the calories. I think its a great idea, but the face's my family give me suggest otherwise! lol

Tell me about it, my kids have turned in to the food police!

Back