• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling with hunger

I am 3 weeks post op and am on soft foods but these last few days I am soooo hungry. I am sticking to small portions but am starting to snack a bit too much. Roll on my first fill.

Once you get onto solid foods , you should hopefully feel a bit more satisfied xx Don't forget the mush can go through with little problem

It gets a bit easier! As you get fills you should find you can feel pretty full on a small meal (like tiny!) but it does take a while for us to feel that. I remember (I hope!!) you saying that you have had a fill already during the op...so when you do start the denser food in the next few weeks...then you should feel quite a difference!

Yes I have 4mls in a 10ml band so am hoping that I will feel the difference on 'real' food. I could quite easily eat a normal plateful at the moment but an just giving myself tiny portions. When I was just post op I could only eat half a tin of soup but now can eat the whole tin easily. I am on about 1000 calories today so am hoping that I will still lose. Went for a 3 hour walk Sunday so hopefully that will show on the scales :)

hi chopster, dont get too stressed. 1000 calories is good going. i get my first fill in 3 weeks and cant wait. the sooner the better. its more will power at the moment with me as i dont have much restriction xx

Don't worry, I was the same at your stage, and I had easter to contend with!
When I went for my first fill, the nurse said it is completely normal to get hungry again and that alot of people gain weight before their first fill.
You just have to try and battle those old food demons rearing their ugly heads. You can do it! xxxx

its hard, i would be do deflated if i gained weight, thats my downfall cant take failure.

Hi
I am now 3 weeks and 2 days post op and have been struggling with hunger for 2 weeks now! From what i can tell it will get a lot better once the band is filled, plus at the moment it is difficult to eat too many calories on the mushies. Well for me it is as bread and crisps don't blend too well!!

I have had more to eat than i would have liked, but my provider says if you are hungry eat a yogurt or fruit puree, cause if you don't your body will store the fat, and this week i lost 4lb! Yippee for eating more, oh and 2 glasses of wine!!

Keep up the good work, not long till the fill now x

Back