• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days post op

jmumof4

Hi everyone, I had my sleeve surgery done 26th march at charing cross hospital at 14.45pm by the amazing mr olbers and his increadable team. i am now 9 days post op and i have already lost 1st 4lb and i am still on the liquid only diet. I am finding it weired to be surviving on 2 slimfast and 1tin of soup and 2 munch bunch a day, but you know i am am happy i had it done. i think the thing i have had to get used to the most is the increadable uncomfortable pain trapped wind causes, and eating to quickly, i have been prescribede infacol for the wind, i used to give that to my babies for trapped wind, and now i know it works lol. just thought id check in and say hi xxxx <3

Hello, great to hear you're doing so well. Look forward to following more of your success :)

:welcome2: Congratulations on your surgery. I hope your recovery goes well and the wind subsides soon x

Good to hear you are doing so well and congratulations on your brill weight loss:happy096:

I hope you get over the trapped wind soon...perhaps someone here who has had the same operation might be able to give you some tips or advice.

Hi hun, had sleeve on Friday at St Anthonys. Got Wind too, but didnt get given anything, just told to walk around??? might see how it goes and maybe get some infacol too... well done on loosing over a stone already!! feel ok on liquid diet too, dont feel at all hungry...yet! lol

Hey guys..... i am a newb but got sleeved last Thursday. Been totally great! I was only in hospital 2 days. The wind was a little issue..... just keep walking or try peppermint water just a thimble full and that helps heaps :)

Welcome Tazzi:welcome:

Delighted to hear you are doing well after your op and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery!

Good to have another Sleever here to share their experience with us all:)

hi.. i'm 5 days post op and was also shocked at how much pain wind can cause. its really starting to ease up now. looking forward to being a month out and hopefully the wind will be a thing of the past for us..

Welcome Tazzi:welcome:

Delighted to hear you are doing well after your op and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery!

Good to have another Sleever here to share their experience with us all:)

Thanks Mini. Glad to be back :) xx

hey all, yeah the wind is much better now, i am now starting my baby food diet, and i do have to remember to eat and drink slow, or the wind pain is intense, and if i eat to quick it all comes back up, but im getting there, i dont have a chart thingy but my post op weight was 147.2 and as of yesterday i was 137.1 so 10kg down so 22lb so far, but i dont think i look any different, but i feel like i have loads more energy big hug and love to y'all xxxx

hey all, yeah the wind is much better now, i am now starting my baby food diet, and i do have to remember to eat and drink slow, or the wind pain is intense, and if i eat to quick it all comes back up, but im getting there, i dont have a chart thingy but my post op weight was 147.2 and as of yesterday i was 137.1 so 10kg down so 22lb so far, but i dont think i look any different, but i feel like i have loads more energy big hug and love to y'all xxxx

Awesome hun!! :) So you are 2 weeks in? What are you having for your baby food? I cant wait for that on Friday.... count down. So sick of water and soup haha.

xx

i am pureeing everything i swaer by aunt bessies frozen mash as it is potioned, 2 of them, aunt bessies swead and carrot mash as they are portioned, about 5 small bits, and i live off cod and parsley sauce only 110cal per serving, and mr brains faggots or mince, or alternatively whizz up weight watchers ready meals most of them are under 300cals per meal and they have everything in the you need. munch bunch is also something i live on, and the dreaded slimfast, which i am utterly sick off now!!!!

Back