• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice Please... 9 weeks post op

Andrea73

I'm now 9 and a bit weeks post op. When I eat and sometimes when I don't eat I have strange gurglings in my tummy. I also seem to get quite a bit of nausea and trapped wind. Is this normal at this stage.

Another question is what sort of foods should I be eating just now. Today I tried chili con carne with no rice and OMG was I ill with trapped wind after it. I didn't think it was spicy as my kids ate it.

Should I just stick to basics just now or is spicier stuff ok?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

hiya the grumbling tummy is quite normal well i hope it is cos mine grumbles all the time lol, as for nausea are you drinkin enough that sometimes causes me to feel sick, think it might be a bit early for spicy foods, but hopefully somebody will come along soon who can let you know :D

I'm pre-op so not speaking from experience but think I remember someone posting about this a while back. I think it was either linked to the amount/lack of water they were drinking or swallowing too quickly/not chewing food enough. Do you think it could be either of those issues?

Hope you manage to get it all sorted soon!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun, as for spicey foods they shouldn't be a problem most people can start having spicey while on purees. It may be that you are swallowing lots of air while eating, try taking very tiny bites, chewing 20-30 times and remember no drinking while eating or right after eating as that can cause you pouch to swell leaving you uncomfortable. I found it best to leave it at least an hour in the early days to avoid any discomfort. Also as other people mentioned, lack of proper hydration can lead to nausea.

You may find that some foods go down better than others but you will also find if you use the tiny bites + eating slowly + chewing 20-30 times per bite many people avoid nausea.

Nic;)

thanks. I think I could probably up my fluid intake and take more time when eating. I'll be more conscious of this from now on and let you know how I get on.

Back