• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A big hello to everyone x Newbie bander

Hiya Everyone ,
I was banded on 1st October at Dolan Park so I'm now 3 days in and feeling a little swollen and sorry for myself !
Apart from the discomfort of the swelling Im feeling ok , no nasty wind pain as of yet :)
Feeling quite scared about it all but hoping for a smooth recovery :D
How did other banders get on in the first weeks ?? Just wanted a little reassurance that things are going ok . Thanks so much x

Welcome from a fellow bander, although I am 13 months out. Take it easy during these early days, it will be tender and its also quite normal to have a fear of the unknown, but it sounds as if you're doing ok - and if you escape wind pain, even better :)

If you have specific concerns or worries, contact your provider first and foremost, but we're here to support you in anyway we can :)

Welcome to banded life :)

Hello and welcome! I was banded almost 2 months ago, and I've found it overwhelmingly positive so far!

Take care of yourself these first days, while you're still recovering from the op x

Hello and welcome from another bander (6 months). You will feel yourself in no time so relax for a day or two.

Hello and welcome! I'm a new bander as well.

My op was nearly two weeks ago at Dolan Park, and I can't WAIT to get off the liquids. The furry tongue wasn't nice, but it's better now.

Just get plenty of rest, it sounds like you're recovering really well. I didn't have any wind pain either, we are lucky!

TK is the board authority on bands - if you have an issue it's likely she'll know the answer! Always with the proviso of checking with your provider though.

Hiya Banderbird , Thanks for your reply .
Its really reassuring to speak to someone a little bit down the road from you ! Youre right the furry tongue and bad breath is horrid , knocking my hubby out ha ha but hopefully after the 2 week liquid diet it will get better ! Like I said at the mo im very swollen and a tad sorry for myself but at least no really bad wind .
Speak soon and let me know how you get on with the semi-solid mush stage !

Welcome dancingsnowflake, hope you are feeling better now. A few weeks out, and those early days of furry tongue, bad breath, discomfort, wind pain, constipation, lethargy, stalling are forgotten. X

Hello Fellow bander here
I was banded on the 3rdonly on Thursday just gone
Im fine a little sore but Hey Ho, didn't expect surgery without some issues
Im amazed how well I feel and Im off for a little walk later on
I will keep up with your progress as you are just a little ahead of me it will be good to see how you do xx

Hiya Minn , Went off for a short trip to the shops myself today but the right hand wounds really started to sting so cried off home after 10 mins ... mardy pants ! Getting less swollen and painful each day tho , managed to sleep a bit on my side last night ( usual tummy sleeper ) so things are looking good . Take care yourself and speak soon x

Hiya Minn , Went off for a short trip to the shops myself today but the right hand wounds really started to sting so cried off home after 10 mins ... mardy pants ! Getting less swollen and painful each day tho , managed to sleep a bit on my side last night ( usual tummy sleeper ) so things are looking good . Take care yourself and speak soon x

Oh Oh....day 4 and what a difference I feel so crappy today so nauseas its unbelievable:confused:
Like you though I slept on my side last night..B.L.I.S.S.!!!!!!!

Awww Minn ..... Im so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad ! Not had any nausea at all so I cant help much but send best wishes to you for speedy relief . Went for my wound check up and got told off a bit for doing too much and making stuff bleed ( port site a bit stingy/ bloody but nothing serious ) but the nurse was lovely and told me to rest more so the hubby will have to keep doing everything ha ha He loves it !!!!!!! Big hugs to you Minn and hope that you are feeling better today x

Awww Minn ..... Im so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad ! Not had any nausea at all so I cant help much but send best wishes to you for speedy relief . Went for my wound check up and got told off a bit for doing too much and making stuff bleed ( port site a bit stingy/ bloody but nothing serious ) but the nurse was lovely and told me to rest more so the hubby will have to keep doing everything ha ha He loves it !!!!!!! Big hugs to you Minn and hope that you are feeling better today x

Thanx Hun...Im so happy your doing well
please keep in touch so we can follow one another's progress ;)

How are you doing ??? progressing nicely I hope ?xxx

Hi guys i was banded monday just gone 07/10/13. The first two days i felt dreadful but im really starting to feel a bit better now, just very tired. But on the plus side ive managed to walk the dog a couple of times, and done a little bit of housework. Hope your all well! x

Back