• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here!

5 stones in 19 weeks, i can only dream about doing the same, although to be fair if i did 5 stones in 19 months i think i would be happy!
Well done, i realise this is the result of hard work and determination on your part, but even so its a fabulous result for you. Are you pleased with how things have gone? Any tips?
Denise
Xxx

Thanks Teddy :) 19 weeks + pre op so thats 21 weeks total LOL My tip is to stick to the rules eat from a small plate 20 20 20 rule is key, and like i say determination.......... of course i had a lot more to loose than you...... i was 20.5 at start of pre op 23.2 at the start of my journey so that's almost 8 st down in real terms :) I got myself a fitbit, and now understand the input - the output = the losses also moving more gives you less time to think of food LOL eating slowly will certainly make you feel full too, keep the head demons in their place.......... The hardest part for me was just before going onto solids, the hunger was at its greatest, but once past that stage its been fine........... x x x

Hi crystal! Thanks for the welcome! You're doing fabulously and it's really good to know that in can work just with mind over matter!
I'm on the final stretch now and start 9 days of the milk diet on Wednesday.
I really have no idea how quickly I'll lose my weight. I weigh a lot more now than when I've dieted before so it should be a little quicker. Previously on weight watchers my losses have been painfully slow but with VLCDs it's unsustainably fast so I'm really hoping for somewhere in between. I nice boost to start with then at least 1lb a week and I'll be happy! x

Oh and Denise, I just saw your message and I'm oretty sure I accepted your friend request but to be honest I don't really know how to check??! I mainly use the app and the website confuses me a bit! x

Thanks to both of you, Crystal for your advice and Laura for being my friend!

Just a couple of questions,
A) how do i get a ticker? B) how do i get the Pre Opper on my side bar?

It has taken me 2 days to get it to upload my picture and i spend the vast majority of my day on a puter!

Thanks
Denise
Xxx

I created a myfitnesspal ticker (I googled it, there's loads of other ones out there including tickerfactory), when you've created what you want it gives you a HTML link. Go the the UserCP section at the top, which isn't available in the app, and one of the options is edit your signature. You just paste in the link and bobs your uncle. You have to go back to the ticker sit to update your stats though. You can also add other text and stuff to it too if you want.
The badges are an option right at the bottom of the edit your details page, in UserCP. Soon we'll both be deleting that pre opper one :D

Right, i am now a pre opper, i have now set up 2 ticker thingymibibs and cant get either onto my page, so i am going to leave that!
I just cant believe how time is dragging Laura, i just want it done! I also realised this evening that i could have gone to Leeds for the procedure which is about 40 minutes away from me, but for some strange reason i am off to Birmingham at least 2 hours away, i cant for for the life of me think why i did not opt for Leeds, not got a blooming clue!
I am doing my best to do the chewing thing, i can chew to 20 but keep forgetting to only put a thumb nail size piece of food in! so i know its chew 20 times and stop after 20 mins but cant remember what the other 20 is?
I have found the friend page, not sure what i can do with it, but i have found it!
What sort of day have you had Laura?
Denise
XxX

Just play around with the different options on the UserCP bit and you'll get there.
I think the 20,20,20 is chew 20 times, leave 20seconds before preparing the next mouthful, and don't keep eating for longer than 20mins.
My day has been naff. A really slow one at work which makes me bored. Plus people brought in cupcakes and chocolates (we get a lot of gifts at work) and I couldn't refuse them. Last day of choices tomorrow, let's hope I make the right ones! How about you? x

It was the 20 seconds i was missing, i keep pondering a baby plate with a baby knife and fork but realistically we need to learn to eat like adults, although i am happy to start using a smaller plate!

Day wise... I came home from work early as i am still getting over my cold, got in had a cheese and ham sandwich, then a slice of bread with seafood cocktail on and then my tea, which was chicken thighs with chorizo, peppers and potatoes! I just feel like the days/weeks are not going fast enough, i need to start thinking about my pre op diet, you seem to be getting right into it, today aside, i need to get focused, but all i feel is bloody annoyed that its not band day, which is making me frustrated, which is making me think of food in a negative way, i need to stop eating!
Hate to think i am wishing my life away but i really am because all i am thinking about is my new life, it just cant come fast enough.
God i sound miserable!!!
Only 10/9 days to go, so lets get on and make those 10/9 days count towards our new life!
XxX

So it's milk-1 day! Oh I am scared!! But excited too. I will weigh myself tomorrow and am hoping I can lose a few lbs over the 9 days before the op.
Tonight I am making myself bubble and squeak and gravy, I can't wait. It's only veg so not too heavy for a last supper. I also have to take the puppy to his training class tonight so I won't be tempted to snack at least.
I think I'll start a diary over in that section tomorrow, ready to track my progress and put my thoughts in writing. Hope to see you all over there soon! x

No going back now! Plus if you are anything like me you are thinking I have to make it work or I will have wasted my money?!?
XxX

Definitely! My parents have given me some money towards it too so I don't want them to think it was a waste either. I have a lot invested in me now! x

Looking forward to reading your diary :) it certainly helps to put it down in black and white. Gl at puppy training too LOL were off to our second puppy class this afternoon Oh deep joys!! Seems puppy needs less training than the hubby LOL but they are surly good for the weight loss journey..... lots of exercise and they fill your time perfectly. Enjoy your last supper and all the best for the milk tomorrow x x x
Positive thinking girls that's the way :) f

Puppy class is one of the most stressful yet hilarious things I've ever done!! My little darling is the only one in the whole class that during the 'run to you owner' exercise decides that he doesn't give a toss and he'd rather go for a little run in the other direction. I also think I'm the only owner who is quite tempted to punch my own dog by the end of it!! But he also has me in stitches and I can't help but give him big kisses and cuddles!
He's only a little dog as I couldn't be sure I'd manage 2hrs walking a day. But we take the little man out for at least half an hour every morning but usually he gets more and it's great exercise for me. When I've been to the gym before eventually the novelty wears off and it just fizzles out but I don't have a choice about my nice morning walk. Plus we have found so many lovely places near where we live we never would have found before it's great!

LOL it sure is fun and a joy LOL we've got a miniature labradoodle but even so has grow quite big now. Shes 10 months old so this is more obedience classes but like i say its more hubby that needs the training she quite chilled out and just plods on....... bless her. Every other class we've gone to has fizzled out cos hubby couldn't get to grips, but this time its got to be done if he wants to do agility with her :) Like you we r loving the local walks, which we really wouldn't do without her. So wish me luck today......... its loose lead walking today and the dreaded jumping up LOL hmmm am sure hubby and i will be coming to blows later LOL Our teacher has made it perfectly clear its the humans which need the training so its clear puppy can do no wrong lol ugh and to think i paid good money for this LOL

Morning ladies! I've started a diary over in the banders diaries section, it would be great to see you over there! I guess I'm not such a newbie any more!
Milk diet starts today, had a wobble last night with tears over bubble and squeak. I think its nerves, but I'm going to be just fine.
It all starts here, wish me luck! xx

Morning Laura.

I will try and find your diary but we are having T'Interweb issues at the minute. We are swapping over to Sky and Talk Talk appear to have cut the phone off!!! So we have no phone and no T'Interweb at the minute. I do catch up on my phone but find it easier to find stuff online. I have had a quick poke about this morning and I can't see the Banders section, but I will have a better look tonight.

Good Luck Laura, you are on the home stretch now, just keep focused on next Friday when you are wobbling, but also remember we are addicts and just like you wouldn't expect a heroin addict to just say I am going to take 8 days off how can we beat ourselves up if we have a slip?!?

Be kind to yourself while you are sipping that milk, can you have water too? I remember when I was doing Atkins- as I am sure you will have- it got to the point where you didn't want to eat, fingers crossed the milk diet has the same effect.

Go Laura!

XxX

Hi Laura.

How you doing with the milk?

Hang in there!

Denise
XxX

I'm surviving thanks! It's really weird, i was just getting hungry before lunch and then remembered I only had milk to look forward to. It was a sad moment.
I'm having a pint for breakfast, pint for lunch and pint for tea with a small 1/3pt cup inbetween each meal. And not to forget my oxo cube drink for supper :)
I feel a little light headed but that could be because I'm expecting to if that makes sense. And I need a wee every 30mins!! I'll survive, I'm sure!
Thanks for checking in on me x

Back