• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELLO EVERYONE I AM BACK

BlueDiamond

Hi all

I am back . :D

Am sore and tender but on the whole I am doing well . It was a strange sensation yesterday , feels like the day passed in a blur, I was taken down to theatre at approx 10am and was laid out on the trolley in theatre, the anesthetist put an oxygen mask on me as my bp was on the high side and it was just to regulate my breathing and calm me down which worked a treat, next thing I knew I was awake again in recovery , I was like wow its all over and thought me op hadnt gone ahead, I didnt need to worry as it had gone ahead it just zoomed by:D

After my stint in recovery I was wheeled back into the day care unit ward and my hubby was waiting for me with a worried look on his face, but when I gave him the thumbs up he smiled and knew I was ok.;)

After some bp checks and everything else all was well and then they allowed me to have a cuppa tea, yogurt (no bits) and tomato soup (was bliss) and as soon as they was happy I could keep it down it was adios from me lol:p

I came home and had some slimfast which I kept down and I did sleep last night but kept waking up to go to the loo (prob all the fluid I been drinking)

Day 2 of me being banded, I woke up and had a cuppa tea and about an hour later I had some slimfast, for this afternoon I had some soup (no added bits) and some juice through the day (little sips) this afternoon I have had a 100g yogurt (no bits) and a coffee and on the whole it hasnt been too bad. I had 40 winks this afternoon which was lovely and was undisturbed as well (no loo runs) lol.... The worst part about it is when I get up out of the chair or bed, I got some gripe water today for me wind (has helped tons) and I got some liquid multi vits and pain relief, having said that I only had one pain relief lot since I come out of hosp the pain aint that bad tbh. The gurgling sounds do make me laff tho, sounds like my bath plug hole. and I know when I had have enough to drink/eat (if u can call it eat:p) as my chest goes really tight and after a while the gurgling sounds or burping occurs and then the tightness goes.

When I come round from the anesthetist I thought to myself wot have I done:cry: but that was just the groggyness talking but I am glad I been "done and dusted" and bring it on what ever happens next .

Thanks for all your comments on the post that my daughter did for me last night, I just wanted everyone to know that I was ok and home.

P.s forgot to add that surgeon gave me a band card and I not been sick at all either

Thanks in advance for reading - All the best - MeJulie x x

Bless you love, so glad you are home and it sounds like you are doing really really well.
Great account of your progress so far... what an inspiration you are. Take care and rest up.... much love to you Julie xxx

good to hear you're doing fine.

its amazing how you're awake & nervous one minute, then the next you're waking up wondering what day it is & where you are.
good luck on your journey
xx

aww glad everything went well and get you going home the same day ;)

Thanks to April for keeping us posted.

take care xxx

glad to hear it all went well hunni, i found your post really useful as im still pre op..... can i ask whats a band card?.... xxx i wish you a speedy recovery x

glad to hear it all went well hunni, i found your post really useful as im still pre op..... can i ask whats a band card?.... xxx i wish you a speedy recovery x

Hi

Its a card that a gastric band holder must carry everywhere (so I am told) incase of any medical emergencies that arise (run of the mill illnesses and hosp stays you may have or treatment etc) it is to let them know where and when u had it done and band number etc and a way for them to access your hosp records and details etc. HTH

All the best - MeJulie x x

They forgot to give me a card on the ward, wasnt till 6 weeks later i got mine... But they saying that on my file on the ward they had the band guidelines printed out as staff wasnt too sure what was what

good to hear from you now for a speedy recovery xxx

Nice to hear from you again Julie. hope this journey goes smoothly for you. Love XX

welcome to bandy land x

Welcome back meJulie xx

Welcome home hun, here's hoping you have a swift pain free recovery, take care and rest up xxxxxx

good to hear your home safe and well luv, sounds like your doing better than most! out the same day! whooop! but saying that.... them hospital beds must make you feel worse after an op like that eh?, lol! wishing you a speedy recovery and some generous weight loss xxxx much luv xxxxx

Good night and God Bless love, hope you have a comfortable night, let us know how you are tomorrow xxx

Back