• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit about myself nothing but agg with bsnd switching to mini bypass next month ?

xlyndsxjonxlola

I currently am 30 years old have had the band for 4 years up and down weight gain ! No reflux just can only eat mushed up food and if I eat out op for the table near the toilet ? I've just had a baby 8 months ago and had my band unfilled due to calorie intake for little lady! I put on 4 stone during and after having the band unfilled ! I'm sick of having to eat mushed up sloppy foods, haven't eaten solid food or even a piece of fruit in 4 years! Just to be able to eat minimal like veg and meat of fruit, but be satisfied and to loose weight, and for once to look at myself in the mirror and be happy with what I see, would be worth every second of this battle I've had with myself and food! I have researched the mini bypass and I'm ready infact I've never been so ready ?? ?

Hiya Lynds I hear you. I missed fruit and salad so much, also could not eat anything that has a skin like beans, peas, sweetcorn , peppers, tomatoes etc So eating healthily was hard. I also have the reflux issues that have taken over my life and led to a lot of weight gain. Your op is the day after mine, perhaps we will meet on the hospital? It isn't long now. Really it isn't. See this as a second chance :) Take care x

Last edited:
I really hope to see you there will be nice to have someone to go through it with I will be bringing my mum, daughter as she is only 8 months and can't bare the thought of leaving her for 5 nights, and a friend ! What's your name and if u send me an email we could hopefully see eacother there !?

The reason I opt for this operation as the complication risk is low and it's reversible for any needed reason it became dangerous right ?? As I have 2 babies to think about ? x

This was me! Had a band for seven years let me tell you that life with mini bypass is amazing in comparison, I can eat anything as in texture wise, fruit, dense protein, fibrous veggies, just to have half a grilled chicken breast and salad or broccoli is still a novelty! The only things I can't have is milk and yoghurts and too high fat content. I only have very mild dumping occasionally normally from eating too much without realising. I have only thrown up twice. And I know this is really disgusting but they had bile in them which I hadn't tasted in seven years because the taste was so terrible and such a shock! It is like being normal with just a small stomach, food actually goes into your stomach rather than sitting in your throat. And when you are full your tummy doesn't still growl because the bottom is empty.

It's sounds perfect ? can u still drink socially? How much have u lost in total since you've had the mini bypass? And did u have any complications? Also did debruyne do your surgery x

Also do u feel less hungry than before and do u often overeat as its more of and mental thing or do you come to learn when enough so filled u?

Yes he did my band and bypass it's been 12 weeks and I have lost just over three stone my bmi is around 27.5. I am on holiday at the moment so I have had a few white wine sodas but that's it really.

12 weeks over 3 stone amazing ? well done u I hope you have a wonderful holiday please add me on Facebook my name is Lyndsey challenger if you don't mind that is, would like to have someone to talk to about this direct x

Back