• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oldie but newbie

Thank you..done the annual shave early 😂 nobody likes a hairy Mary. Bathed and in my pjs ready for my final yoghurt. Few last minute bits to pack. Early start as I got to be there for 7 x

Thank you..done the annual shave early 😂 nobody likes a hairy Mary. Bathed and in my pjs ready for my final yoghurt. Few last minute bits to pack. Early start as I got to be there for 7 x
Good luck

All done, but not without the Daykin bad luck. Firstly they couldn’t find a vein so they went in my wrist..then they couldn’t do a roux-en-y as my stomach had a lot of scarring from my band..I hated that band! Then my cannula fell out soaking the bed and blowing my wrist up 🙄 very sore atm and still need to pee 😬 come on mr bladder

I
All done, but not without the Daykin bad luck. Firstly they couldn’t find a vein so they went in my wrist..then they couldn’t do a roux-en-y as my stomach had a lot of scarring from my band..I hated that band! Then my cannula fell out soaking the bed and blowing my wrist up 🙄 very sore atm and still need to pee 😬 come on mr bladder
had the mini bypass. Sorry meant to add

I

had the mini bypass. Sorry meant to add
whoop whoop whoop xxxx welcome to the other side!! Hope you are not feeling too rough …. And hope you are ok with the mini bypass? It will do the same magic I’m sure xxx. Take it easy and think of running water …. That should help the pee situation! And I little note ….. my pee was blue which came as a shock so be prepared!! Sooooooonpleased for you xx

whoop whoop whoop xxxx welcome to the other side!! Hope you are not feeling too rough …. And hope you are ok with the mini bypass? It will do the same magic I’m sure xxx. Take it easy and think of running water …. That should help the pee situation! And I little note ….. my pee was blue which came as a shock so be prepared!! Sooooooonpleased for you xx
Thank you so much. First wee went down toilet not in a pan..well I didn’t know 🤣 I’m ok and grateful for the surgery. The pressure on ward staff is horrendous..poor nurses don’t know if they’re coming or going. There’s maternity staff working on an orthopaedic and general surgery ward! A real shit circus. I hadn’t had pain relief since 6am this morning as med sheets were at pharmacy. I ended up taking some capsules out of my med box and mixing it with water.
looking forward to getting home now. I’ve just been discharged!

Thank you so much. First wee went down toilet not in a pan..well I didn’t know 🤣 I’m ok and grateful for the surgery. The pressure on ward staff is horrendous..poor nurses don’t know if they’re coming or going. There’s maternity staff working on an orthopaedic and general surgery ward! A real shit circus. I hadn’t had pain relief since 6am this morning as med sheets were at pharmacy. I ended up taking some capsules out of my med box and mixing it with water.
looking forward to getting home now. I’ve just been discharged!

whoop whoop discharged already! That’s fantastic news xx. Hopefully you will be home already with your feet up x. So pleased for you xx update tomorrow x. Night night xx

Hope all is well xxxxxx. Keep us updated xx
All good Ty x plodding along. Had a bit of a funny tummy yesterday..actually went for poops 9 times. At least I know my gut is working 🙈 haven’t lost an ounce since pre op..I know I’m not drinking enough water, so that’s my plan today. Getting liquid meds out of my doctors is like getting blood out of a stone. While Walsall did send some home, it hasn’t lasted on the doses I need. How are you?

All good Ty x plodding along. Had a bit of a funny tummy yesterday..actually went for poops 9 times. At least I know my gut is working 🙈 haven’t lost an ounce since pre op..I know I’m not drinking enough water, so that’s my plan today. Getting liquid meds out of my doctors is like getting blood out of a stone. While Walsall did send some home, it hasn’t lasted on the doses I need. How are you?

Glad you are doing well x. All is well here …. Like you plodding along nicely 😊. Lost 1stone 2lb since surgery so everything is going in the right direction! Enjoying mush!! Just had a cup of French Onion Soup which was delicious! It’s good being able to have different flavours! Got braised steak, mash and carrots for dinner. All mushed up separately …. So it’s just like having a proper meal ….. though tiny!! Are you just on liquids and runny yoghurts?? I know different places have different recommendations for what you can eat and when. I was on liquids for 2 weeks and then I’m on mush for 4 weeks…. Which seems a long time but I will keep with it! And I thought I would have to go on liquid meds, but I was given tablets from the moment I came round! How’s the diabetes?? Diabetic Team rang me earlier just for a check in….. and everything is at it should be 😀😀😀😀😀. You probably haven’t lost anything yet as everything will be swollen ….. get them fluids down you and it will all start working! You go girl xxxx

Glad you are doing well x. All is well here …. Like you plodding along nicely 😊. Lost 1stone 2lb since surgery so everything is going in the right direction! Enjoying mush!! Just had a cup of French Onion Soup which was delicious! It’s good being able to have different flavours! Got braised steak, mash and carrots for dinner. All mushed up separately …. So it’s just like having a proper meal ….. though tiny!! Are you just on liquids and runny yoghurts?? I know different places have different recommendations for what you can eat and when. I was on liquids for 2 weeks and then I’m on mush for 4 weeks…. Which seems a long time but I will keep with it! And I thought I would have to go on liquid meds, but I was given tablets from the moment I came round! How’s the diabetes?? Diabetic Team rang me earlier just for a check in….. and everything is at it should be 😀😀😀😀😀. You probably haven’t lost anything yet as everything will be swollen ….. get them fluids down you and it will all start working! You go girl xxxx
Mmmm mush 😬 I’ve been put on fluids only for 4 weeks and 4 weeks mush. Getting a protein shake in, cuppa soup strained and a sugar free jelly between water and coffee. I never have been a big drinker. Haven’t had any diabetes meds since Saturday..closely monitoring as bloods were 10 earlier, so will see. Well done on your loss! That is fab x

Mmmm mush 😬 I’ve been put on fluids only for 4 weeks and 4 weeks mush. Getting a protein shake in, cuppa soup strained and a sugar free jelly between water and coffee. I never have been a big drinker. Haven’t had any diabetes meds since Saturday..closely monitoring as bloods were 10 earlier, so will see. Well done on your loss! That is fab x

Four weeks of fluids is a toughie!! Strange how they are all different! I haven’t had a jelly yet ….. but I have had a little pot of custard which was very nice! You keep with it girl …. If you can get them fluids in it will all start happening xx

Hi lovely
How are u doing?
2 weeks down on the liquid diet for me, 2 weeks to go! Gone from 104kg to 99kg in 2weeks. Was so glad to see the scales moving.
actually managed a mile and a half walk today! That’s a mile more than I usually do due to my back..although I did have to have an extra dose of gabapentine and cocodamol 🙈

Hi lovely
How are u doing?
2 weeks down on the liquid diet for me, 2 weeks to go! Gone from 104kg to 99kg in 2weeks. Was so glad to see the scales moving.
actually managed a mile and a half walk today! That’s a mile more than I usually do due to my back..although I did have to have an extra dose of gabapentine and cocodamol 🙈
Hey up!!!
Glad your doing well ….. in fact you sound like you are doing brilliantly! I seem to have taken a step backwards ☹️☹️☹️☹️ i reached forward to close the door and have had loads of pain since ….. and that’s a week ago!! Kind of a burning pain at the top of my stomach …. I did ring and told the team about it but they said sometimes that happens …. So I’m just plodding along! Not lost any weight in over week so feeling a bit dispondant 😢😢😢. No way could I go on a Mile and half walk ….. so you be proud of yourself!! And 5 kilos down already is amazing!!! I have been going into work …. Not quite back to full time but not far off…. I’m giving it till Wednesday and if I’m still getting pain grief I will tell them I need bed rest and stay at home! I say that but I bet I don’t!!! How’s the bloods …. Mine were up this morning 😢😢😢😢. Thought I would be well on the way to normality by now ….. still enjoying my mush though…. But don’t know how I can’t be losing weight eating so little!! Hopefully I will have a landslide next week 😉😉😉

Oh no! Hope the pain subsides soon x I’d definitely get back into them if it continues x I still get what I can only describe as after sicky bug pains. I’d definitely be resting in case u put yourself back anymore x I guess we’ve just had our stomachs sliced so won’t be pain free for a bit. Bloods are stable at 7 or below atm but they might shift once I’m eating again. Hopefully not.
hopefully u will see a change in the scales soon, sometimes it stalls when ur not eating enough. Sounds stupid but your body hangs onto the calories as it doesn’t know when it’ll be fed. Maybe add in a shake x
Keep in touch x

Hey up!!!
Glad your doing well ….. in fact you sound like you are doing brilliantly! I seem to have taken a step backwards ☹️☹️☹️☹️ i reached forward to close the door and have had loads of pain since ….. and that’s a week ago!! Kind of a burning pain at the top of my stomach …. I did ring and told the team about it but they said sometimes that happens …. So I’m just plodding along! Not lost any weight in over week so feeling a bit dispondant 😢😢😢. No way could I go on a Mile and half walk ….. so you be proud of yourself!! And 5 kilos down already is amazing!!! I have been going into work …. Not quite back to full time but not far off…. I’m giving it till Wednesday and if I’m still getting pain grief I will tell them I need bed rest and stay at home! I say that but I bet I don’t!!! How’s the bloods …. Mine were up this morning 😢😢😢😢. Thought I would be well on the way to normality by now ….. still enjoying my mush though…. But don’t know how I can’t be losing weight eating so little!! Hopefully I will have a landslide next week 😉😉😉
Aw @Cheshire Cat im so sorry to hear that, you know deep down that this can happen even in the early days so please don’t be despondent x and yes keep an eye on the pain, no working if it’s not better and see your GP. Sending you lots of hugs xx

Well pain seems to have eased a little …. Still annoying me though 😡😡. But apart from that all is well! scales have moved a bit in the right direction so hopefully we have turned a corner!! Bloods are more or less behaving around the 7 mark ….. so doing ok here!!

Back