• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A BIT OF POSITIVE

JOWOOD4

Hi everyone
I have been away to Florida for two weeks and I'm just catching up with how you are all doing. It feels like some people have had bad news about funding and others are struggling to lose weight so I wanted to post a positive message to remind us all of the goal we are chasing.
I had a great time in Florida cos I went with my husband and two children (even tho they are 24 and 22). Its the first time we have all been away together for eight years.
I have lost three stone since my pre-op diet and band op on 1st June. I had no problems with the flight or eating when I was away. I had what I wanted to eat - chips, burger, doughnut etc- but much smaller portions and not every meal. I did try to have salad, fruit etc when I could.
The main difference was how I felt. I didnt have to think about legs rubbing, comments when I went swimming, what I was going to wear or how i made myself feel about how I looked. I just enjoyed myself and I know I have quite a lot of weight left to lose but if this is a sign of things to come then I am signing up for the long haul of getting to a healthy weight.
If I could I would give everyone the feelings i had last week to inspire everyone not to give up.
I put one pound on over the two weeks so I am delighted with that but a plea to everyone is to keep going, no matter how hard it gets, and keep supporting each other because it will be so worth it.
Best wishes to everyone with your own battles but I just wanted to give a positive message to all fellow strugglers.
JO XX

Really pleased you had such a lovely time, its nice to see a positive post lol as you say theres been some bad ones lately. :D Keep up the good work :D x

Thanks for that Jo, so glad you enjoyed your holiday and savour the feelings.:)

What a lovely positive post! Thank you! I am hoping to take my hubby and kids away next year, and what you describe is what I'm aiming for.
I'm glad you had such a lovely time. xxx

Well done you!! I can't wait for my next summer holiday when I will be able to wear a swimsuit and not to feel like a beached whale:D

That's brilliant Jo... I am so glad you had such a good time and feel so replenished after your break... anything that lifts the spirits is top of the list in my book and I agree entirely... we have a goal in sight and we are going for it!
Loads of love and hugs xxx

So glad you had a lovely holiday, my post was a bit of a downer. So i'll add my positive thoughts of this week on here.........

I'm walking faster.
Today i've worn my smart patent high heeled shoes and thoroughly enjoyed crossing my legs and looking (sorry admiring) my shrinking calves.......
I feel flipping wonderful :)

Well done on your loss xxx

Back