• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel a bit of a fraud for being here now...

well done gerry you cant beat the feeling of elation when you walk out of the changing room with the ssmaller size not a bigger size in your basket.

Well done Gerry!! Not posted on here for a while for you but you are doing great hun - doesn't it feel amazing when you slip into a smaller size (no matter what that size may be, the feeling is still the same!) Keep at it, and its lovely to hear you sounding so positive xx

Good for you Gerry. I gotta get one of those Wii fits, everyone makes it sound so fun!!

Nic;)

Thank you everyone :thankyou: Truly appreciate the kind comments. Knees and ankles have started to recover a bit, so done two ten min work outs on the Wii fit, and a slow 1000 pedals on the bike, so hope to see a downward slant on the scales again tomorrow (been resting for the past two days). Hubby and I are going to have our photo's done professionally tomorrow. I got my suit out of my wardrobe, convinced it wouldn't fit. It fits better now than it did when I first bought it :). I'll be happy with the pic at the moment as I know I am slimmer than I was, but it will also be something to look back on after my surgery when I have lost even more weight.

Still not heard anything at all from the hosptial, so going to give them a ring on Monday. They were meant to call me last Monday but didn't.

Thanks again for the support ladies.

Just realised I'd botched up my weight ticker by leaving the date as 2008 rather than 2009. That made it look like I had lost weight then put a whole load back on again. Sorted it out now, after a few hassles. I've only lost, not gained so although it's not a very steep curve downwards, it is at least on the downward slope.

Last edited:
Sorry I've not been around much. Have had a friend here decorating for the past month. Initially thought it was only going to take a fortnight tops, but it's my hall, stairs & landing and is very tricky with 14 doors off it and wooden beams to be painted. Takes hours to mask each beam/panel and forever getting black on white and vice versa, so has taken much longer than expected (I've even been helping out myself where I can). Didn't really feel it was very polite of me to be sitting here on the PC so have been keeping him company and supplying cups of tea etc.

Having some problems with my joints and my right leg at the moment. Joints very clicky and painful (which is weird because in total I've lost a stone and a half) but what is worrying me more is redness on the back of my right calf. The leg feels rather 'heavy' too. Not sure if I have just over done it, so have tried resting it, or if I should try and see a doctor.

Coming up to my time of the month so blood pressure soaring and feeling yuk. Will be glad when that's over.

Have been having a bit of a read of the threads I've missed recently. Sorry if I've seemed like I was ignoring you all. Have been telling my friend all about you and how helpful and supportive you all are ;).

Hugs

Hi Gerry, lovely to see you're doing so well!

With the redness, I would see your GP. It can be a sign of more serious things like clots so it is definately worth getting it checked out. Please. Might be a bit of cellulitus or something simple but not worth the risk.

Take care of yourself :hug99:

Hey Gerry better to be safe then sorry go get it checked out at the Dr's, you knowever know.

All those beams and doors wow i bet its going to look grand when its completed

Hi gerry nice to se you around again. my decorator starts at the end of the month doing my hall stairs and landing. in truth i want to move out but hey ho will work around him.
get yr leg checked out to be on the safe side.
hc

Thanks for the replies girls.

I have now spoken to the duty Doctor at my practice as they are really overbooked so only handing out appointments for emergencies after speaking to patients on the phone first. Worryingly he has asked me to go in this morning to have it checked :(. The redness (which is also a blueish purple) is spreading up my leg and round the front of my knee.

I told him I'd been exercising and just thought I'd over done it but that even after resting it's not gone away. He said he needs to rule out infection.

God knows how I am ever going to shape up if this is going to happen every time I exercise :sigh:

Gerry you will get there, as the weight comes off you will find it easier and easier, and of course your health will also be improving all the time.

Thanks tendersage :).

Went to the GP this morning and he says he thinks it is most likely to be circulatory problems due to my legs being inactive for so long. The use of them now from the exercising is what has caused the mottled colour on my leg. I have cream and an ointment to put on to see if that helps, but if it starts to hurt, get hot or tingle or anything, I have to go straight back to him.

Glad you've been to see him Gerry, you had me worried there. Please make sure you do go back if you get any of the things he mentioned!

thanks for sharing

Hi Gerry,

I have just spent hours reading all of your thread.

thank you for sharing. When will you have your op?

Thanks for your reply Gingernutter.

At the moment I really don't know. The last I heard from the hospital was when I spoke to them in late January and they had cancelled my op scheduled for 31st Jan as they needed to get more information on some of my existing medical conditions, mainly the fact that I was told I was not to have another blood transfusion because a previous attempt 'went wrong'. I didn't know all the details about it, only that I was told not to have one. I mentioned this and they need to check out the reason why (obviously, just in case I need one after the op). I also need to have other tests done for some other things like sleep apnoea. Anyhow, I've not heard anything from them, but I am also finding myself on a bit of a plateau at the moment. I've been steadily loosing weight since putting myself on a self imposed diet/change of lifestyle once I was told I had got the op. I've now lost two stone and still dropping. I've never in my life before, ever managed to stay on a diet for more than a week. Lost a couple of pounds then put it all back and then some. I've been on this for about six months now, and although I know it's not as quick as loosing weight after a gastric bypass, I feel I am achieving something and doing it without medical intervention and the associated risks.

Who knows, if I hear from the hospital and they give me another date, then I may change my mind again and go for it, but at the moment, I feel ok plodding on with it. I have a male friend who is doing Weight Watchers, and we are encouraging each other. I've never had anyone to diet with seriously before, and have that encouragement. I also have some troubles in my private life (which I don't feel I can go into here - no offense intended to all those who have been so supportive). I don't know that I could cope with adding more hassles to it at the moment, so I guess you could say I am taking a bit of a back seat from the surgical weight loss idea at the moment. I'm still using my Tesco's Lighter Choices meal replacement shakes twice a day and eating low calorie ready meals and eating fresh fruit and the odd low calorie snack if I feel really peckish. It seems to be working as although I have the odd minor fluctuation, my mind set has improved greatly and if offered something fattening or 'naughty' then I usually decline because loosing weight means so much to me. If I do slip up then I view it as a treat and get right back on my diet the next day. I've never been able to stay on track like this before but feel so positive this time, I really want it to work.

Anyhow, I feel a bit of a fraud being on this forum at the moment, but I do read from time to time and wish every one well with their chosen path. I may still join your ranks yet, who knows, but for now I'm kind of 'going it alone'.

Hugs to all.

Hello to both Ginger & Gerry. Have missed seeing both of you on here. Hope you are both doing well. Update us when you can.

Happy Easter,
Nic:D:D:D

Hi there
I am just like you regarding the joints etc. I have been waitinf or knee replacements for 4 years and am to big to have it done. I weigh 22 stone. Gp suggested to me about bypass and am now attending Salford. I cannot see your doctor referring you for surgery. Good luck and keep us all up to date.

Back