• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A positive bit of news.

purplefluffything

Hello to everyone,
Sorry I have not been here, I have been quite unwell and very drowsy to drowsy to be on computer. This due to having to take extra medications for my pain.

I have just been trying to catch up and wish everyone well, specially those that are having surgery or recovering, I have read some of 'Bretts' post (I have a special interest in Bretts because I am going to same hospital has Brett)

I had a leter today from one of the consultants Mr Pratik Sufi saying I will be having a consultation after I have been to the education session on 11th June also he refered to the letter he had recieved from my GP and stated that it looks like I may fulfil NICE 2006 Criteria for Bariatric Surgery :D Please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me please.
I want to be excited but don't want to just incase its a no:(.
Hope you are all ok with reading this bit of news, I just had to share my little bit of positive news with someone:) and who better but all of you.
Take care.
xx

Hello to everyone,
Sorry I have not been here, I have been quite unwell and very drowsy to drowsy to be on computer. This due to having to take extra medications for my pain.

I have just been trying to catch up and wish everyone well, specially those that are having surgery or recovering, I have read some of 'Bretts' post (I have a special interest in Bretts because I am going to same hospital has Brett)

I had a leter today from one of the consultants Mr Pratik Sufi saying I will be having a consultation after I have been to the education session on 11th June also he refered to the letter he had recieved from my GP and stated that it looks like I may fulfil NICE 2006 Criteria for Bariatric Surgery :D Please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me please.
I want to be excited but don't want to just incase its a no:(.
Hope you are all ok with reading this bit of news, I just had to share my little bit of positive news with someone:) and who better but all of you.
Take care.
xx

Fingers and toes crossed for you, sorry to hear you have not been to well. Wishing you all the luck with your consultation.
Mandy X

That is great news Diana - hope everything goes to plan and your soon having the surgery for your weight lose

Sending you hugs with fairy dust for your good news x

The very best of luck to you Diana. Due to most of weight seemingly coming off my boobs:mad: I can probably cross those for you also.:D

definately got them crossed for you, and as he mentioned you met the criteria then there is a huge chance it will be a resounding YES!!

hope you start feeling better very soon

Hi hun - I dont know you, but wanted to wish you the best of luck :D xxx

:wavey:Morning all ,
Thank you all for replying to me and leaving me lots of support! I am very grateful.

This was my 2nd letter from the Hospital (The 1st letter was a letter inviting me to go to the education session) This one was actually from the Consultant :D This to me has made me feel its really started to happen..
Tendersage, I truly hope it will be a yes, My Husband said the samething as you.
Topsy, I feel the 'fairy dust' is working ;).

Again thank you and also thanks for the well wishes, I feel a touch better, enough to get on here for short burst.
Chat soon.
Take care all.
xx

Good luck Diane not sure if you are going nhs route if so i hope your PCT says yes that is the biggest hurdle but with weight and associated health problems hope they give a positive answer....a long term investment!!! I had my education session in September and had my op 9 days ago!!! bypass not band but it is brilliant!!

Hi Judy,
Congratulations on your recent op.
I hope you are taking it easy give yourself lots of TLC.

Judy yes I am going NHS route and I am interested in the Bypass procedure.
I would love to hear all about your journey from start to now when your up for it of course and if you don't mind sharing this.
My GP refered me he was so nice he had no experience of refering anyone for wls, he done such a nice letter to the wls consultant, he actually showed me what he had written.
I know this could be a long waiting process and I am prepared for this, I just cant wait to get to see the consultant and know one way or another if I will be allowed the op for certain.
The letter I recieved the other day looked good but it was a 'maybe'.
Take care.
Best wishes.
xx

Back