• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Depressed Kurvy Karen is back

Hi all!

Again I'm sending my biggest thanks for all your messages of support.

I'm having a better day today, no tears yet! I still feel like I'm in limbo not knowing whats going to happen but I can't fo anything about it until I get my biopsy results on 18th March, only 3 weeks today, then I'm sure as Mr Koak said my surgery will be re-arranged and I can start on this amazing journey.
It's more annoying that I'm in lots of pain when I move yet Lee had his bypass and doesn't feel in any pain! lol (Mind you I haven't been for a number 2 since Sunday, sorry for being so graphic but I'm hoping thats what the pain is! Have had lots of orange juice and nuts today, Lee siad I should have a chinese tonight as that'll definitely get me moving again!lol)

Anyway - although I've never met you I consider you all true friends and without your support I wouldn't have got through the past week.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Sugga and Maz - I hope you're both doing well after your ops girls! xxx

Im so happy you are feeling a bit better today :D The next 3 weeks are going to be hard for you but you have your hubby who sounds wonderful and you have us of course to help you through it.....keep your chin up hun (HUG) XX

Definitely feeling better in my head today. Although still in pain from the attempted surgery! lol

Going to walk to the docs on monday with Lee, less than 5 mins from home. Lee needs a cert for work for however many weeks he'll be off recovering from his bypass and I'm getting one for next week at least (I can't reach for the milk in the fridge or put on my socks without unbearable pain in my tummy/rib area let alone travel on the train to work). Will be nice to have a little walk outside, and will go to the chemist to get some milk thistle as I've read that can help repair my liver too.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. We're missing a friends wedding reception tonight but a lot of my friends are there and we've been sent a text photo of the bride already!

Karen I was so gutted for you when I heard what had happened. No wonder you've been feeling so upset, it's hardly any wonder. But speaking as someone who'd had complications, I think the surgeons did the right thing love.

I am hoping and praying that all your results come back ok and you can go ahead with your surgery soon.

And I have to admit I had my reservations about you and hubby having your ops together. I can't imagine how I would have been without my hubby running round after me! Hopefully this way, by the time you have yours, hubby will be well recovered and able to run round after you....and be an expert on the food stages etc too!

In the meantime, I'm sending all my love to you both. Take it easy lovely,
Hugs, Grace xxx

So sorry to hear your op couldn't go ahead - and really sorry to hear that you may have some early signs of cirrhosis.

Just a couple of tips - (my hubby had alcoholic cirrhosis - not found till it was far too late and he needed a transplant - and I do mean far too late) - try not to have more paracetamol than you need cos the liver processes it - and the Liver Unit at St. James in Leeds says NO ibuprofen at all.

You are doing the right thing keeping to your diet cos presumably the damage has resulted from fatty liver developing into cirrhosis - and fatty liver can be reversed whereas cirrhosis can't BUT it can be halted and the liver regenerates around the fibrosed areas and can be almost as good as new.

I'm sure they only did the biopsy to be able to see how everes it might or might not be and then they will rearrange your surgery.

Hubby will be able to look after you then.

Moving around will help your wind pains - so will having a pooh. And even though they onlt take little bits for a biopsy its bloomin painful.

Wishing you lots of luck with your appointment and sending you both lots of love and hugs

xxxx

Thanks Grace and Angela for your messages of support.

I'm feeling a lot better now, a few odd twinges but that's to be expected. I'm going back to work on Monday, my boss is lovely and says I'm to ease myself in, although I feel bad that I've been off for 2 weeks already and will have to be off again when I do have my op.

I'm not worrying about the biopsy results until I get them on 18 March. I can't change what they're going to say so there's no point worrying about it til I get them! (Although I do have the odd moment of worry!)

Anyway, hubby's doing well, although he's had a rough day today. I think he had too much orange juice yesterday and he was retching (although not being sick) and today has a really sore throat and felt 'not quite right' (his words not mine! lol), so he's spent the day on the sofa and attached to watching every and any football game on the TV!

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.

Take care all x x

Good to see you are doing well, mentally and physically :D You have a great attitude and you are going to do so well ;) XX

Just read this and wanted to say how sorry I am you were so disappointed. I hope the very best for your biopsy outcome and that in a couple of months you will be back down in surgery for the second and successful time.

Thanks.
Well by this time next week I'll know the results and hopefully I'll be happy as I'll soon be getting my new date for surgery!
x

Hi there!!

I am new to the site-but just read your story and wanted to say I am sending good thoughts your way. I bet anything you will be well on your way very soon!

As you said-yes-it is good they are checking. But-darn it-make them hurry it up!!! :)

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: Good Luck :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Karen

I really feel for you, it must be so hard, but at least you can be there for your hubby for the time being, and he is going to need you, and then when its your turn he can be there for you

Stay strong and try and stay focussed, and you'll get there
X

Back