• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does he need to take the Paracetamol?

kurvykaren

Hi
As you may know my hubby Lee had his bypass last Monday. He's feeling absolutely fine, no pain whatsoever(how come he gets the op and no pain, and I end up with a biopsy and still in lots of pain! lol), so wondered if he still needs to take the soluble paracetamol 4 times a day?
It's the only thing bugging him, taking the fizzing paracetamol but doesn't want to just stop incase it's doing some good he's not aware of!
Thanks for your advice.
- Karen

No he doesnt have to take it, its only there if he needs it for the pain :D Hope you are both ok and you are feeling a bit more positive Karen (HUG) XX

Jac is right lovely iv not taken any since leaving hospital as i suffered more with wind pain. xxx

Hi Karen, I'll be glad when you are feeling better love...

I've had no pain control whatsoever for the bypass since coming out of hospital... I can cope with the twinges I get because it's only spasmodic and healing pain.

Good luck to you both and thinking of you xxx

Thanks girls, he's definitely going to stop taking it!

I'm wondering if the pain I have, as it is really painful, could be trapped wind? It's right where the 3 cuts from my surgery are, sort of around my rib cage.
To be blunt, I've farted about twice and only had a couple of tiny No.2's (which weren't the easiest to pass!) since the op on Monday. It hurts to breath deeply, and if I need to cough it absolutely kills me. I can't get up out of the chair, put on my socks or even reach my drink on the table next to me without letting out a yelp because of the pain. and getting into bed and attempting to lie down is complete agony until I find a semi-painless position which i don't move from all night.
Do you think it would help if I took a bit of peppermint water? We're venturing over to the doc's tomorrow so I'll ask him, but if something can relieve it today it'd be a god send!

Karen, I have had similar biopsy's and the pain is horrendous.

I'd start on warmed peppermint tea and try and rest, it'll go and it's early days, it took a couple of weeks for my pain to go and it's a strange thing sometimes it seems like a small thing they do but it can be as painful as a large op... so please rest, keep the pain under control, give it time and do take it easy... good luck and at your side.

Love and hugs to you both xxx

Personally I don't believe wind remedies help to relieve trapped gas from laporascopic surgery. Quite simply, wind tablets are for digestive gas, gas trapped in your tummy, intestines or bowel. Trapped gas from surgery is outside of the digestive tract, between your organs and stomach wall. So the wind remedies don't get anywhere near it. The only method I think works scientifically us movement and massage. Although breathing is painful, you need to regularly take deep breaths to fully inflate your lungs as otherwise you ate at risk of developing a chest infection or pneumonia. Try and keep walking around and changing positions to free up the air bubbles and it will ease off eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Bev. I'm going to go and add some of the peppermint to some hot water now.
I did wonder how big a wedge of my liver did they take to be in this much pain! I definitely won't be going back to work this week, will have to see how it is the week after. I thought I was being a wuss, as Lee's not in any pain and I'm in loads!
I'm trying not to take the co-codamol as I know it'll harm my liver more, and am going to get some milk thistle tomorrow to help repair my liver.

Hi Karen, I do believe in walking to ease this type of pain and it's helpful for hubby too... it seems to get rid of some of the gases and will assist your bowels too...

Drink loads and loads of water... I wouldn't like to say how much is taken for a biopsy Angel, it's an individual matter, but at least you are getting attention and that is what counts.

I had my gallbladder and bile duct removed and a patch was noticed on my liver so they took a biopsy then, it was painful, but as the days go on, keep moving and try a gentle walk with hubby and clear your mind too... I always say to myself, no immediate news is good news sometimes, so here is hoping Angel.

It's the way we are blown up for laproscopic surgeries and I agree with Shell's point, gentle arm movements and gentle walks work wonders.

The physio gave me some exercises for deep breathing and to help inflate the lungs, a little fresh air, deep breaths, get wrapped up and walking a little helped me...

Here if we can help and best foot forward.

Love and hugs xxx

p.s. Codeine can cause constipation...

They do reckon that the donor in liver and kidney transplant surgery experiences more pain that the recipient. You've just had some little pieces of your liver chopped off haven't you- so you are going to be very sore. Give yourself a break! If it is trapped wind- i've found that 2 tsp of mint water with a little but of honey and some warm water sipped slowly, works quite well.

Take 2 codiene with 2 soluable paracetemol and go to bed you will ease the pain and sleep well,its the most horrendous pain and my surgeon recommended the above up to 4 times a day.once you are pain free you can move more and shift that flaming pain.Thinking of you,Maz x

Hi Karen, really sorry to read about your surgery. I hope everything will be fine and you get the date soon. All the best to hubby Lee for his weight loss. XX

Back