• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A difficulty

wobbles

Having been a large person most of my life, my skin has stretched too far to go back to normal without the need for surgery.

Unlike a lot of obese people, the tops of my arms, are massively disproportionate to the rest of my body. They're huge. Nurses have to use a thigh cuff to take my blood pressure.

SO i'm now size 18, however, the skin on the tops of my arms is sagging so badly, that i can't wear, or buy new shirts. I'm forced to wear shirts that are two sizes too big just so my arms fit into them. Same problem with coats aswell.

I'm only just over 5 months post op, and still need to lose another 5 stone, and i'm moving bck to australia where surgery is not possible unless paid for, and i'm really worried about it all.

I'm considering wrapping my arms with bandages or something similar to try and control all the flappy skin..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

didnt want to read and run, but cant offer any advice sorry. I'm sure someone will be along to offer you some good advice

Ali

I can see your dilemma. In the long term I guess you might have to consider surgery. Have you tried working out to try and reduce? My only other idea for being able to wear the sized blouses that you want as a temp measure is those support bandages e.g for when you hurt yr leg or somthing. Sorry to of little use - and well done on yr weight loss!

wobbles i know where you are coming from. any new tops that i buy have to have stretch in the arms otherwise they are a no go. i have been having massage to try and break down the fatty diposites and dry brushing in between just to try and inprove the texture if nothing else. When are you going back to aussie?
takw care
hc

I am with you on the arm thing. My bat wings are sooo flabby now that I could have probably flown myself to America!!! What is even stranger is that the arm work I have been doing just makes more definition between my 'old' arm & my new slimmer/muscular bit!!!

Anyway, hoping to find the money to have that fixed next year after my weight evens out.

Nic:p

wobbles i know where you are coming from. any new tops that i buy have to have stretch in the arms otherwise they are a no go. i have been having massage to try and break down the fatty diposites and dry brushing in between just to try and inprove the texture if nothing else. When are you going back to aussie?
takw care
hc

Hi HC, going back end of april, beginning of may.

How is the massage going?

My arms when i hang them down, the tops are so lumpy and cellulitey, it's awful. I absolutely hate them. Undergarments would be too hot to wear in australia, i might look at the sports supports, however, it would be nice to have something thin so that it's not obvious.

And what is this brushing you speak of?

hi wobbles the massage seems to me going great. she does adeep tissue massage so its not the most pleasent of experiances but i pee for england after so its getting the lymphatic system working. the body brushing is again to help with the draining of the lymphatic system you do it upwards and again quite roughly. i got my body brush from the body shop.
How to Dry Body Brush for Energy, Detoxification & Radiant Skin

It's not much helps I know but it's doubtful you'd get arm surgery on the NHS here anyway. Getting an apronectomy is hard enough, and most PCTs won't do anything else on top of that, unless you can prove significant functional problems.

Give Slimpressions a try they are great for your arms

Hiya I have bought slimpressions for my batwings and they have smoothed them out well. it is a great product, I got mine from a UK site:
Slimpressions Shapewear

Back