• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A few questions

babyseed

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if the lanszoprazole fast tab is a long term med as I was only given a weeks supply from spire, should I get some more from gp ?

Is it right that i'm not to take my multivits whilst on liquid stage as i'm on it for 3 weeks and am concerned this is a long time without any although its what my provider advises ?

Could you also tell me the recommended protein intake per day please ? I know at this stage the main focus is to keep fluids up but now i'm managing more i'd like to increase my protein intake.

I have my foolow up tomorrow so will ask then too but i'm just being inpatient :D

babyseed said:
Was wondering if anyone could tell me if the lanszoprazole fast tab is a long term med as I was only given a weeks supply from spire, should I get some more from gp ?

Is it right that i'm not to take my multivits whilst on liquid stage as i'm on it for 3 weeks and am concerned this is a long time without any although its what my provider advises ?

Could you also tell me the recommended protein intake per day please ? I know at this stage the main focus is to keep fluids up but now i'm managing more i'd like to increase my protein intake.

I have my foolow up tomorrow so will ask then too but i'm just being inpatient :D

The lazaroposole I'm still taking 2 years post op,
But surgeons advise differently,I can feel the difference when ive not taken it.
As for protein as it's hard to get it in at your stage,use marvel dried milk powder.

babyseed said:

Oh and your vitamins should really be taken straight after your op(thats what I was told)

Thanks Emma-louise i'll see what they say tomorrow.

babyseed said:
Thanks Emma-louise i'll see what they say tomorrow.

What multivits did they recommend Babyseed ?sent my husband to boots to get mine,wrote it down and said to him make sure you get what is on the paper.he then came back with something else, which he was told was the nearest to what I wanted as they didn't have them,when I checked the label it said not suitable if taken with warfarin.as I'm still having the injections for another couple of weeks,they are no good.can anyone tell me which chewable multivits are suitable and are they actually in stock,best going myself for what I need, thanks.gail

Daily vits liquid vits recommended to me on liquid & purée stages then onto solid vits.
I now take chewable berry centrum 1 a day - cheapest is Amazon with free delivery. I have had allergies to meds so have to take ranitidine & sucrophate in place of lanzaprole.

Bellydancer57 said:
Daily vits liquid vits recommended to me on liquid & purée stages then onto solid vits.
I now take chewable berry centrum 1 a day - cheapest is Amazon with free delivery. I have had allergies to meds so have to take ranitidine & sucrophate in place of lanzaprole.

Thanks Bellydancer ,will have a look on amazon now.

I've been advised to take chewable centrum but check the tub as mine say 1-2 a day x

I was given 6 weeks supply of Fastab when I left hospital then I went and got a few more boxes from my doctor as I was suffering with heartburn and nausea.

Post op until I went onto solids, I used the Bassetts chewable multi-vits. My dietician told me they're not "strong" enough but good for the pre-solid stage, and then I went onto Forceval. Still taking Lanzaprazole.

Have been prescribed some more fast tabs from my gp with no probs thank goodness. I've been feeling bubbly again since not taking them like I was first few days post op, do you think this is why ?

Back