• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little advice plz x x

BlueDiamond

Hi all

Sorry I not been about , I been really poorly lately.........I have been having major troubles with my bp, the last 3 times its been checked by the medical profession its been high , 175/99, 180-100 and 190/105 I been really bad with it and yes I been to my gp who for some reason will not put me on any tabs to lower it , however he has sent me for blood tests too see if anything shows up ( not sure this is normal or not ) and tbh I am not sure if the bp readings are getting are that high (if anyone can divulge I would be gr8 ful) , I been getting terrible headaches, dizzyness, blurred vison and generally feeling unwell, and now been getting nose bleeds, and to top it all off I just come down with the flu , :sigh: anyhow I remain in good spirits (will have plenty of that I can tell u , lol) but if anyone has any information / advice I would be most greatful as my gp are closed over the festivities and not open till monday now :mad: (well they do deserve the break :D.

Thanks in advance and merry christmas 2 you all - All the best - MeJulie xx
merry_christmas_snowflake_glitter.gif
merry-christmas-myspace-glitter-gra.gif

Hi,
I have trouble with my blood pressure too.
Apparently anything over 150/90 is classed as high.
Mine was 175/110 a few weeks back but my GP put me on meds and its coming down now, 150/80 last week.
I too suffer with bad headaches and dizziness when sitting up from laying down etc but not sure if its related.
Dunno why your doc didn't put you on tablets.
Mind you at this time of year I reckon most peoples BP is probably higher than normal.
Try to eat a healthy low salf diet helps too so does relaxation techniques .

big hugs hun xx feel better soon

Hi there, the most important reading is the bottom figure, which should be around 80-84, so yes your readings are high and with the symptons you are describing sound very much connected to blood pressure.

The doctor cannot prescibe beta blockers without a full blood work, to rule out any other causes, so please be patient.

Try and relax, rest when you can and await to see what the GP wants to do next. If it is hypertension, they will prescribe what steps to take next.

Hope you feel much better soon. xxx

Hi MeJulie, I seem to remember somone here had similar symptoms and had high spinal cord pressure. I can't remember what the problem was called but it is quite common with overweight people. The immediate treatment was reducing the pressure by a lumber puncture. It might be worth doing some research into this.

John

Hi Julie,

No personal experience of blood pressure problems, but your symptoms dont sound very pleasant.

Youve had good advice already so I'll just add my best wishes and hope you get to the bottom of the problems soon xx

Get better soon MeJulie xx

Hi all

Thanks 2 everyone who offered me advice and well wishes, its most appreciated.

All the best and Merry Christmas to you all. - Me Julie xx

Back