• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE-did it help you get fumding?

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
Was anyone helped to get their funding as a result of having high blood pressure?

Up until yesterday I had no co-morbidities & my present BMI would mean my GP would have to apply for my funding as an exceptional case (Trafford PCT)

My GP has effectively been avoiding me now for over 6 weeks (so am pretty sure she doesn't want me to have WLS)

I had to see the practice nurse yesterday for BP/weight monitering as I am taking Reductile (again:(!)in a desperate attempt to stop me regaining all the weight I've lost using Lipotrim in the last 3 years - she said my bp is now high enough for medication (it's probably the stress of my GP not wanting to refer me!!!)

Anyway would be grateful if anyone thinks having a high BP has helped them get funding & what the BP reading was if they don't mind sharing that info

:thankyou:Juliex

I cant help you there but would just like to suggest a change in GP.
A GP is supposed to be there to help you and if they are avoiding you and is uncooperative then you need to find one that will be less crap!
My GP is kind of pointless but he supported my application for surgery and that meant a lot to me.
So my advice is to get yourself a new GP.
Good luck and I hope that you get what you want soon xx
Steph xx

Cheers Steph,

I hear what you're saying about GP's but I don't want to "burn my bridges" as she hasn't said no yet & I don't know of another Gp who would refer me
Plus I might want to keep my Gp "on side" in case I end up funding it myself & need her to at least support my decision

However does anyone know of a Gp in Trafford ????

I was going to say how about a change in gp even within the same surgery!.....i have high bp, cholesteral and been diabetic 9 yrs with it getting worse and worse.

I saw a different gp this time didn't get fobbed off, he asked me if i'd considered surgery. I had already been researching on the net so said yes i think it's my only hope before i go blind or need my legs chopped off, so he said ok i'll write directly to mr super...fingers crossed!

Keep on and on x

It depends on where you live. In my area (East Sussex) high blood pressure is only relevant if it is severe and uncontrolled by medication.

This is how my PCT is as well.

I am an exceptional case too. I have been refused the funding twice. I have recently developed high blood pressure and am now on medication. My gp spoke to the people in the exceptional cases team the other day and said she is worried about my general health, so the lady asked the chair of the panel if it would be classed as new medical info. He said yes so now my gp has to write a letter including info about hypertension, sleep apneoa and my deteriorating liver function. She also has to include how this affects my every day life. Like not being able to walk very far. Having to get help from my family to put socks and boots etc on. Difficulty wiping myself when paying a visit to the toilet. Walking with a stick at 40. Everything helps no matter how embarrassing it is. I have my fingers crossed for January. Good luck with your application.

I don't want to burst your bubble but Reductil when i was on it caused me to have high blood pressure. You may find your gp will take you off it and then monitor your bp....

I hope this is not the case and you can get your surgery xx

Of course you can ask. I was told I didn't have the criteria which is bmi>40 which I have and diabetes 2 and or severe sleep apneoa. I then went to appeal and my gp wrote a report about me stating why I would be an exception to everyone else and still they refused saying I wasn't exceptional. This time we have new medical info so we can go before the panel with that.

Back