• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards - 1st Appointment & Blood Pressure??

lucylou02

Hi All,

So very excited now had my first consultation appointment at St Richards moved to Thursday! 3 days time and things will start moving!!

Can't tell you all how excited I am!!

Only thing on my mind is my Blood Pressure, everytime for the past few months when seeing the GP, my BP has been high, i am due to see GP again in 4 weeks to see if I need anything done about it, anyone else had high BP and still got a YES for WLS???

mine was shocking at appoinment 195/110 I take meds they were fine no worries at st richards xx

hi if its your first consultation appointment they wont actually do your bp but he will ask about it when you put it on your form, i have high bp but it didnt stop him offering me a gastric bypass, so i would not worry, good luck for thursday.julie.x

Had my 1st consultation toady, appointment got moved back a day. Saw a ?French? Surgeon (at least he sounded French to me), he said his name twice but i think i had too many things going on in my brain that his name has totally gone!

He was one of the new surgeons that have been drafted in. The main thing is he gave me a 'YES' for the goahead of a bypass!! I asked if I needed to see a Phych but he said that I didn't, would just need to go to the pre-assessment appointment to see dietician, have bloods and anesthetist.

So things are looking up finally. He said it would be within 18 weeks due to the guidelines, but it may not be done in Chichester, it may be carried in a London Surgery closed to his work/home place. Has anyone else had a consultation with my 'mystery' surgeon! :) (I think I will ring St Richards and perhaps ask his name!)

Update: Found out the Surgeon is Mr Marco Adamo, works privately for The Princess Grace Hospital in London from what I can gather. Still awaiting date!

Back