• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little bit furious at the moment - HAD A REPLY TO EMAIL

It's bad isn't it hun? Yes I paid two seperate bills and as far as I'm concerned the hospital has earned about one tenth of their share.

It's interesting that it is all the private patients that have trouble getting to see the dietician and bariatric nurse. Obviously The Spire think they can shelve us whilst they jump through hoops for patients funded by the NHS. The NHS must be a very lucrative contract for them that's all I can assume.

Maybe you should ask for a breakdown of who gets what out of the money? Then ask for the money back for those that havnt kept there side of the bargain!

Hi Karen, I'm sorry you are having such poor service.

I too had my op with Mr Ammori but I went through Surgicare. I get monthly dietician appointments which I do over the phone and can also speak to the nurse at any time. Surgicare contact my surgery direct when I am needing bloods done etc. I remember one time when I didn't get back to my dietician straight away just because I was busy. Well I got a stroppy letter telling me that it was important to keep in regular contact and if I didn't they would cancel the aftercare!! I am now over one year post op and my aftercare is lifetime although I don't get them phoning every month I just contact them if I am having problems. Would highly recommend them.

Hope you get it sorted.

I think the nhs are so wary of being sued that you actually end up getting better care under them than as a private patient. At my local hospital, bypass patients have an average stay of 5 days, whereas from what I've read the private patients tend to be booted out after 2.

It's after one night stay at the Spire. Mr Ammori told them I was to stay 2 nights because I had young children at home and needed the rest. They tried 3 times to send me home after one night :rolleyes:

I think you're right that the NHS worry about being sued though.

Regarding private v's NHS - when I went for my op I was told that mine was done early morning because I was private and that NHS patients would be done after me.

Seems thats the only favour we get though as aftercare is extremely lacking!

I don't know if Thats true Biggy cos I was the very last on the list and calmy pacing the corridors. Wish I was first though :)

Karen they tried booting me out after 1 night too, i have 18 month old twins at home so he made them keep me in 2.

I didnt mean that a Private Patient should take precedent over a Nhs patient

At the risk of getting castigated here, why shouldn't a private patient expect to get at the very least equal or realistically, better care than an NHS patient?

In imho, by paying privately, you are paying to bypass (no pun intended) the waiting lists that the typical NHS patient would be expected to endure, so it stands to reason that this should also be the case for follow-up care.

I don't think this is an unreasonable expectation...unfair, possibly, but since when have we been living in a fair world? Quite simply, if you are fortunate enough to be able to stump up the cash for a procedure while an NHS patient may have to wait months, or even a couple of years for some types of surgery, then that is the exact point of being supposedly lucky enough to go private.

I've been a private patient for certain medical procedures before and typically, I have always been treated 'better' than an NHS patient, and tbh, I would expect to be too, if I am using my own hard cash in adddition to already paying my NI contributions.

To look at it from another point of view, private patients leave more money in the PCT money pot for NHS patients who would never be able to pay for their care whatever it may be they need, so by Karen paying privately, she left enough money in her PCT pot for another NHS patient to have their bypass, which they otherwise may have had to wait much longer for.

I was just giving my opinion and it seems no matter wot I say ppl are giving me grief for it - let keep it simple shall I , I wont give my opinion - End of Story !!!

Oh Julie hun, I don't think people are giving you grief. I suppose NHS versus private has always been a volatile subject.

For myself - all I expected from going private was to get my op, get it quickly and get the surgeon I wanted. But I do expect to be treated equal with any other patient The Spire has treated and they don't seem to manage to do that.

I was just giving my opinion and it seems no matter wot I say ppl are giving me grief for it - let keep it simple shall I , I wont give my opinion - End of Story !!!

Oh hon, I'm sorry if you got that impression...I was certainly not intending to give you grief, I was agreeing with what you originally said, that basically Karen had paid for a service and in doing so, should have expected good after care xxxx

That came out the wrong way , I didnt mean that a Private Patient should take precedent over a Nhs patient (soz it come out that way, I can see why it did reading it back now:sigh: ) I was merely trying to understand in Slimmers anguish of paying all that money out and being left on the sideline - Sorry if it caused offence , It wasnt my intention Julie ;)

I didn't take offence, i was just gobsmacked. I read most your posts with interest and it just didn't sound like you :) I thought someone had snuck on and jacked your account lol xxx

Calling all Angels...

We all work so well together on here and what an amazing tribute that is... we debate... we care... we share and we are honest... and we all thank goodness have differing opinions and respect others opinions at the same time...

I don't think anyone needs to feel sensitive about anything said since we have said it before and it'll happen again... now and again, we write something quickly... it's happened to me... and it seems to read differently when you look back and then it's too late...

I am grateful for each and every opinion and in the same way... my WLS family has my ultimate respect.

Whichever way we get this surgery... it's a damn struggle and hard work for us all and I know I always have to say it, but it's true... I value and cherish the many opinions that are shared and we have a great team of support on here...

I love you all, there are no exceptions and please don't worry if things aren't always perfectly written... it's the mindset and heart of the matter that counts and for sure... I have read enough to realise that well intentions are always at the heart of the majority of postings.

So, to conclude, I'm sending a loving hug to each and everyone of you whether pre op, post op, somewhere in between, either a private or NHS patient...

Nothing matters apart from the fact that we are trying to improve ourselves, all coming from different directions and we have a collective wealth of love and support from our wls community on here...

Loving hugs to everyone, no exceptions xxx

Calling all Angels...

We all work so well together on here and what an amazing tribute that is... we debate... we care... we share and we are honest... and we all thank goodness have differing opinions and respect others opinions at the same time...

I don't think anyone needs to feel sensitive about anything said since we have said it before and it'll happen again... now and again, we write something quickly... it's happened to me... and it seems to read differently when you look back and then it's too late...

I am grateful for each and every opinion and in the same way... my WLS family has my ultimate respect.

Whichever way we get this surgery... it's a damn struggle and hard work for us all and I know I always have to say it, but it's true... I value and cherish the many opinions that are shared and we have a great team of support on here...

I love you all, there are no exceptions and please don't worry if things aren't always perfectly written... it's the mindset and heart of the matter that counts and for sure... I have read enough to realise that well intentions are always at the heart of the majority of postings.

So, to conclude, I'm sending a loving hug to each and everyone of you whether pre op, post op, somewhere in between, either a private or NHS patient...

Nothing matters apart from the fact that we are trying to improve ourselves, all coming from different directions and we have a collective wealth of love and support from our wls community on here...

Loving hugs to everyone, no exceptions xxx
#

Beautiful.jpg

You are all beautiful too... there is no harm meant between any of us and we can feel upset if we slip up now and again... I do it too and the last thing I would ever want is to hurt anyone... but I still have my say... my words come out upside down sometimes (before anyone asks... yes... I've still got my own teeth... haha) ... so thanks for understanding.

You are a brilliant bunch and it is you that is truly Beautiful in every sense of the word...

Thank you all for caring and sharing xxx

Back