• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Today has been a great day at the L&D.

lisa x

is very happy!
Hi..
I just wanted to say than you for the supportive emails of encouragement I have received..and also to report to you what happened today at the L&D.

I saw the dietitian and I have lost 20lb!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::woohoo:
The target was to lose 14lb and I have lost that and 6 lb more!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I asked the dietitian if I would be put forward to the new surgeon that has joined the team..she was happy too.
All the team are happy to put me forward including the psychiatrist!;) and as funding is already in place..I could be looking at may as a possible date!!!!!!!!

MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

I am so happy I could burst.:bliss:
I am now on a refeeeding diet which I have to follow to the plan...and if my blood sugars raise then they will put me back on fast acting insulin..(but its on a wait and see basis.)i will behave because I don't want to go back onto insulin if i can help it.

The diet sheet is very straight forward:rolleyes:.
I am not allowed to gain any weight!!!so I have no room for error now.

So basically I am now awaiting an appointment to see the surgeon..(hopefully I will get a letter in the post next week!)

Now I asked about the waiting times ..as it does seem unfair to jump the queue..I know people who have been seen before me and will be waiting longer for their surgery...

The dietitian told me each surgeon works on a different bmi weight..(there are 4 surgeons.)

The new guy will do my bmi..so sorry if it seems I am queue jumping I am not..I am just going with the right guy for my bmi apparently....(doesn't stop me feeling guilty though!)

Anyhow thank you for all you support..I am off to have a jacket potato with some cheesy beans..my first meal in 30 days,and I am going to enjoy every mouthful....:eat:
xx x x x x xx

Fantastic news Lisa, I couldnt be happier for you!! I dont know about queue jumping hun you have deffinately waited your turn ....wooooohooooooooo May is a matter of weeks away! :D XX

Yay well done Lisa!!

You are nearly at the finishing line. It is hard on the refeed diet but hopefully you wont be on it long so the bad habits wont have time to come back, and wow having the op as early as May thats brilliant

As for queue jumping thats not possible, you are doing what the docs and nurses are telling you to do so you are doing nothing wrong.

Well done and I hope you get your date soon xx

Yeehah ! May is sooooo soon - lets hope we get an appointment together ! I rang the L&D the day after I saw the nurse to get my appointment date - give it a go Lisa then you won't be chasing the postman !!!

thank you ladies....:cool:

well is am not holding my breath...they say May but it will probably be June lol...
it doesn't seem that long when you say it out-loud..
I think I better start looking at a case for what I need to take..lol ..I just realised I need new nighties..(and knickers.!)

I am very excited ..

I just went to do my chessey beans on a jacket potato..and would you believe it my microwave just blow up...I had to settle for a tuna sandwich instead..8-(
so it looks like I will be microwave shopping tomorrow ..lol

:)I'm so,so proud of you:)
& so pleased - you've worked hard for today
it ain't easy even when you know how much is at "steak"-
lol-protein is ok on reffeed????

congrats Lisa, not long now, I had my bypass with Mr Barecca on March 10th, he is lovely. He came to see me after the op at least twice a day the 4 days i was in hosp. You'll be fine in his hands, Carolx

Lisa, this is the news we have been waiting to hear. It won't be long now Angel and very well done. With your every step and always thinking of you... May will be here before you know it!

Love and hugs Angel xxx

thank you poppet tranquil and bev...I wouldn't have got to this point if I hadn't had you guys to help me on my way....

carol.. mr barreca sounds very nice....I cannot wait now...:cool:
How are you doing carol...?? xx

We are with you all the way Lisa and it's going soon be here...

Good luck precious and always at your side xxx

Back