• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a little update by me! (bit graphic)

BandyEmm

Well first off i want to say a MASSIVE thankyou to Liz for her massive support over the last few days, Shes been a star.... xx

Well since october, things havent been brilliant for me (hence not coming here much) I have suffered lots of vomitting with blood in after eating and it got to the point of what went down came back up within a few mins, sloppys, crunchys, pureed fluids too, After feelign such a failure and a waste of Nhs time, effort and money, i finally took the plunge to email my Bariatric nurse and basically confess all. Ive also asked for a band conversion to a Bypass, as the band isnt for me i dotn feel. Weather i will get the extra funding for a Bypass i dont know, Its a waiting game.

I had a appointment today for the nurse to take out around 2mls, i got there and had a good long chat with her and then she tried to do a de-fill, She couldnt! My port has always been a utter cow to work with, She had put in a urgent request for the barium de-fill, this should be within a few weeks :eek:

She advised me to basically stick to fluids, and she actually said ice cream, milkshakes, anything that will slop down without a prob and most definaltey as many meal replacements i can manage to keep up the vitamins i need etc and what im serverely lacking right now.
Im very swollen and very very grazed inside hence the very very limited things i can manage to get down me.

I know i havent done myself any favours what so ever leaving it so long to let her know, but i honestly thought it was self error and the acid prob,

Even swallowing my acid tabs are hard work at times, and i cant manage fluids till around mid day.

Am feeling very drained, fed up, emotional and a failure. I hate knowing that my kids have seen me way too many times rushing to the toilet after a few mins of eating, :cry:

Sorry for such a negative post, but its back to basics again near on like square one.
I wont be able to have a fill again for at least 4-6 weeks after not struggling to eat 3 solid meals a day, and that will be around 2-4 weeks time for that to happen and the swelling etc to settle,

Im not going to give up, Like im not thinking im defianltey having a bypass, Infact im thinking the oppersit, that it wont happen..

I send the nurse a long email from the heart on how i was exactley feeling etc and shes forwarded it on to the consulant lady who decided on surgery.

I hope things can only get better from here, However i know its a long long road ahead and with the possibility of the band being totally de-filled if need be :(

Love to all xxxx

Emma your very welcome and im here for you anytime you need me ok.

Try to stick to fluids as she said any meal replacement drink would be good to get some nutrition into you as your pouch will be super sensitive now and it wont like anything touching or go through it, im so glad you emailed the bariatric nurse with in your team and now they can move forward to try and help you its just a shame that you have to wait 2 weeks :(
Keep positive and i hope you get your wish of a bypass x x x

Liz x

Sending you a hug Emm

Keep sipping those meals replacements and your usual fluids and I hope you feel better soon x

Oh Em sorry you are feeling so bad, I hope the team sort you out soon xx

:( so sorry to hear you've suffered so much. I get ensure plus on prescription which are high cal supplement shakes with lots of protein, vitamins and minerals. They come in about 15 different flavours and are actually quite nice! A bit better for you than things like complan etc. Might be worth asking your gp for some or something similar x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back