• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you need to stay on liquids after a de-fill?

wildthing

Hi All

I had a de-fill yesterday (1ml) and forgot to ask what I should do afterwards - is it the same as a fill where you stay on liquids for a bit then mushy etc or can you continue eating as you were before the de-fill? Feel better after it mind you the gurgling sounds when I drink are much less embarrasing!

I should imagine so hun, Altho really i havent a foggiest as never had a de-fil. Am sure a more knowledgable person will be able to tell you xx

I would think it might be a good idea for a day to let everything settle as your tummy will be agitated because of the band being fiddled with.
I took it steady after mine but didn't go on just fluids especially.
If your gut is telling you to (literally) then go with your instinct.

Thanks Neen, been sticking to Slimfast and Soups since this time yesterday, will try and stick it out til end of today to let it settle then try some scrambled egg tomorrow or something. Feel a bit relieved to have bit taken out, those silly gurgling noises and heartburn seems better now. Can't wait to see if I can manage more than a couple of mouthfuls of a meal withour regurgitating!

I've had a defill ... I was told to stay on liquids for one day (day of the defill), soft foods for one day then proceed as normal. hth's

Back