• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A quick hello...

Wobbly71

Hope everyone is good.

I was back for another fill on Wednesday and weight still going down.

Anyone considering a band, for me personally, it is the best thing I have ever done.

I have never had such a good social life. I go out most weekends sometimes 2 or 3 nights. I do drink wine :rolleyes:, i go out for food a few times a week but I am still losing. I know if I didn't go out and drink I would lose weight quicker but this is my choice. It is my life change and it is working for me so far.

My food is always spot on to follow guidelines, even if I do eat out. Small portion, half salad/veg, chew 20 times etc etc etc !! I have been going to the gym.

Your life doesn't have to stop when you have a band so don't feel like it does. And no-one even notices how little or slow I am eating.

I have been on holiday and actually enjpoyed it, going again in 5 weeks. I used to dread holidays now I can't wait.

As you can see from my post I am really HAPPY :):):):):):):):):)

You sound VERY happy Wobbly71 :) :) :)

Hope my sleeve is as good as your band :)

So glad to hear all is going well :)

I know if I didn't go out and drink I would lose weight quicker but this is my choice. It is my life change and it is working for me so far.

This is it. It IS a life change and we have to work with it in a way that works for us. I have a treat most days, normally in a form of a biscuit or a small snack size bar of chocolate, yesterday I had a scoop of ice cream. It is very much about finding what works, what we feel comfortable with, but more so what we are happy with :)

Were you at a point of noticing that you needed another fill? I went from no restriction from 1st to 3rd fill to on my 4th having so much that its been a difficult 7 weeks where I could eat very few foods . . .but overnight its like someone has unclipped my band -

Hiya Kat. I make my next appointment each time I go. As you can see I have taken it slowly. At this fill nurse wanted to give me 0.75 to take me to 10 but I just know I am getting close so I asked for 0.5ml. Plus I am on holiday in 4 weeks again and flying.

I am happy with my band in that I couldn't over eat in one sitting, still really small portions on a tea plate which I don't finish in the 20 minutes. I do snack maybe eating every 3 hours or so. Weight is going down still so I am happy.

I just knew I didn't want the .75 fill. This may not be my level but don't want to rush it at all. I am enjoying the journey far too much !!!!!

I am like you (apart from the wine), I have followed the guidelines all the way. My meals are always half the portion veg or salad and quarter protein and carbs, that is my provider recommendations. They don't advise cutting the carbs. I am still not at my 'sweet spot' I know that but not bothered. I am using the band as the tool it is so when I do hit that sweet spot even better. Maybe I will lose what I need to and my sweet spot will be my maintainer!

You are doing fantastic, unbelievable loss you have been so focused.

Keep in touch and we will be skinny Minnie's together x

Well done honey, so pleased for you.

Back