• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - Advice 2bands liz or any other

please she got you sorted as it sounds like you've had an awful ordeal...take care of yourself xx

Well I drove up to Preston today to see Wendy and have a "small" defill. I figured that she would take out about 1/2mil or so, but she took out 2 mils. She said that I was in bad shape, more than likely due to the band being too tight. She said that I was de-hydrated and not looking well at all. She was none too happy about how tight the radiologist had left my band.
Wendy said that I have to start a high protein diet, I must not weigh myself for a month, and I have to go back and see her in a month to see how I am doing. I have to rest the band and my stomach for a month. She said that I will more than likely gain some weight, but I am not to worry about it because it will be "good weight". She believes that I have lost too much muscle. She said that I will have little to no restriction due to the amount she removed. I have to rest, exercise wise for 1 week while I am building up the protein in my diet. My stomach at the moment is sore, but that is just from the needle being put in the port. Anyway, I will let you know how things go, but wanted to update you on how I got on today. Not sure if I am feeling better yet :) I suppose it will take a day or two to get over it.
MNL

MNL im glad you have had a de fill and wendy has given you good advice, will you be informing the nhs that you have had care from else where due to there bad aftercare, are you now a private patient or still a nhs patient ? dehydration isnt nice i know ive been there before and it makes you feel awfull you should start to feel better in the next few days but most of all im glad the band has been de filled and you can move forward.

Liz x

hiya all
Liz, I think, as far as I know, that I am still classed as an NHS patient, but I am considering making a complaint about the radiologist. While I appreciate he is probably a good radiologist, this does not make him the right person for band adjustments. There seems to be no procedure in place for "emergencies", I still have not had a phone call to check if I am dead or alive.
I think this is a wrong way to treat people, and it could have been much worst, had I not taken action sooner. I am due to go and see my consultant on February 2nd for my 6 monthly checkup and I will make sure I let him know what happened with this situation. I am feeling much better today...take care and thanks for the support...MNL:)

hiya all
Liz, I think, as far as I know, that I am still classed as an NHS patient, but I am considering making a complaint about the radiologist. While I appreciate he is probably a good radiologist, this does not make him the right person for band adjustments. There seems to be no procedure in place for "emergencies", I still have not had a phone call to check if I am dead or alive.
I think this is a wrong way to treat people, and it could have been much worst, had I not taken action sooner. I am due to go and see my consultant on February 2nd for my 6 monthly checkup and I will make sure I let him know what happened with this situation. I am feeling much better today...take care and thanks for the support...MNL:)

hi MNL i totally agree there should be a plan for patients that are needing emergency after care in your area, how you have been treated is awfull, im glad you feel better today make sure you keep the fluids up as it can take a little while to become re hydrated again 100%. Make sure you do tell them all when you go for your check up xxx

Liz Xxx

Glad you are starting to feel better it is awful that this can happen though and i hope you get it sorted out
x

Back