• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First stage appointment ;)

Shabbs12

Hi everyone!
Well I have finally decided that I am going to go a head and have a Gastric Band (it was this or the bypass)
I have my date for next Friday for the bloods ETC
Really can't wait to have my surgery now, I am a little scared but need to do this if I want any chance of happiness as I have really have had enough of being 10 stone over weight with no confidence and really not enjoying life!
Xxx

I felt as you did not that long ago. Although I'd considered WLS for 7+ years I finally made the call in July, a few weeks later I was having my surgery and am now 3 weeks post op.

I knew it was the only way that I could lose, but also maintain the loss, with 14 stones to lose (just over 2 gone in the past 5 weeks) I have the most hope I've ever had . . .

Wishing you well!

Kat x

Thanks for the message Kat, you are doing so well! Glad to hear I am not alone with my feelings and yes the same as you I know this is the only way I can do it now!
How are you getting on? X

Good luck with ur journey hun :)

Iv also just had my 1st appointment 2 weeks ago and i had my second on the 25th of this month and im so excieted to get this done, im having the bypass as iv around 18 stone to lose (sounds disgusting to hear me say it outloud) it is very scary im worried about not making it through the surgery but i know if i wake up thats will be the beginning of my life....
Good luck on your journey x

Welcome and good luck. It took me two years to finally opt for the band, following a lifetime of being overweight. It was definitely worth it. Looking forward to reading your updates :D

kirstyjade said:
Iv also just had my 1st appointment 2 weeks ago and i had my second on the 25th of this month and im so excieted to get this done, im having the bypass as iv around 18 stone to lose (sounds disgusting to hear me say it outloud) it is very scary im worried about not making it through the surgery but i know if i wake up thats will be the beginning of my life....
Good luck on your journey x

Hi Kirstyjade looks like things are happening very quick for you, that's what I am hoping I just want it done now before I chicken out ha ha!
Pretty soon you will have a lot less to lose ;) I'm worried about the op too but I think being this over weight will do more damage you know!
Good luck hun keep me posted X

flutterby1966 said:
Welcome and good luck. It took me two years to finally opt for the band, following a lifetime of being overweight. It was definitely worth it. Looking forward to reading your updates :D

Hi Flutterby so glad the band was worth it for you!
How much have you lost now ( if you don't mind me asking)
Thanks for the message X

Back