• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Step in the Right Direction

What are y'all using to count your steps? I have an extremely sedentary job and think my time on the treadmill isn't cutting it. Seeing what I do in a day might help push me along. I can't really go for walks here due to the lack of sidewalks and the blistering heat so my only option is the treadmill or the mall, but a step is a step.

I managed to do 55min power walking today (cardio) so can add 2 more miles done at home I will lose this 7kg and now only have 6lbs of it to lose so on track. Bring on July :)
WHop whop Cupid wd hunni :) doing soooooooooooo well x x x

Thank you so much both for lovely welcoming and encouraging words...
I can't stress how pleased I am I have found this site the last 5months since being banded have been so lonely.
I used to hate walking and would so anything to avoid it but now setting myself little daily goals is helping to get some me time as well as encouraging me to eat well.
I am trying to establish where everyone is at on their journey but still getting used to navigating round this site as I've never used forums etc (techno phobic alert)
Thank you again ? x
Im 9 weeks post op banded too :) fortunately been here since long before the op, could never had done it with out this site :D goals in the way forward me thinks lol i'd spend my days here other wise lol x x x

View attachment 11859

Not bad for a day at work mainly siting in my bum! I parked a bit further away & went for a walk looking for salad at lunchtime.
I'm sure this app works bette when my phone is in my trouser pocket (ie a lower down pocket)
love it Emma parking further away and walking in search of your lunch lol every little helps :)

View attachment 11861

This is my final tally for today! Not too shabby! X x

Not too shabby indeed dreamer wd hunni hope your resting too :D

What are y'all using to count your steps? I have an extremely sedentary job and think my time on the treadmill isn't cutting it. Seeing what I do in a day might help push me along. I can't really go for walks here due to the lack of sidewalks and the blistering heat so my only option is the treadmill or the mall, but a step is a step.
A step is a step hunni yes agreed :) you have to work with what you've got :) I always say my steps on walker are not as good as being out but some days the walker has to do :) welcome abroad the stepping train lol x x x

well girlies 10046 is my final count im logging although it will be a little more one pup has had her last walk of the night :) i may be back to log or i may just fall straight back into bed lol

well done everyone ............ keep up the fantastic work its all a step in the right direction :) x x x x

WHop whop Cupid wd hunni :) doing soooooooooooo well x x x Im 9 weeks post op banded too :) fortunately been here since long before the op, could never had done it with out this site :D goals in the way forward me thinks lol i'd spend my days here other wise lol x x x love it Emma parking further away and walking in search of your lunch lol every little helps :) Not too shabby indeed dreamer wd hunni hope your resting too :D A step is a step hunni yes agreed :) you have to work with what you've got :) I always say my steps on walker are not as good as being out but some days the walker has to do :) welcome abroad the stepping train lol x x x well girlies 10046 is my final count im logging although it will be a little more one pup has had her last walk of the night :) i may be back to log or i may just fall straight back into bed lol well done everyone ............ keep up the fantastic work its all a step in the right direction :) x x x x

Thanks for the advice I have my pedometer on today and although it was clocking up the steps I may swap to the app (thanks Dreamer) as I've noticed my pedometer counts a step when I swing my arm (although it's on my trouser waist)
I had great fun stood at the train station working this out haha
10000 steps plus is fab well done can't wait till I'm hitting those targets xxxxx

I've missed my walking so much today, stuck in traffic 2hrs then clinic for 4 and a half...upside is my son finally after 25yrs they got it right so all upwards for him he's suffered stupid doctors all his life and is finally smiling so I am too even though didn't manage to see my own doc as got back too late.

Defo back to walking tomorrow tho as feel like I'm on flipping punishment not going today and hubby said I have a pepped lip lol!!

awww hunni its like having your legs cut off when u can't walk....... its a good sign tho........... makes everything seem rosey when out :) hope your boys ok, bet its good to see him smile ........ x x x x hope the sun shines tomorrow 4 ya :)

Carly LOL can just picture u standing at station swinging your arms to check the pedo lol the one i used to have was useless, as i bounced as did my steps, plus every time i stopped for a rest, i would have to remember to start it off again UgH fitbit is painless thank heavens. The apps are good and linked up to your intake app its perfect :) x x x
Catch ya later with step info...... for now its dinner time and possible bingo :)

Haha lol crystal proper read your post wrong then pedo! Oh my days what am I like!

image-2814520787.jpg

My steps so far today x x

My steps today have been rubbish but thought you'd all like to see my step count from this morning

image-1415993099.jpg

Just before I got out of bed!!!! Lol

Haha! Mine was awful today! Not sure how I'm going to manage my phone on the treadmill...

Attachments

• image-2472058933.jpg
    image-2472058933.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 12
Mine also terrible! & i had such a good start with those 6 free steps!!!

image-4098094206.jpg

I'm getting a quote for a conservatory on tuesday, so maybe I'll have somewhere to put a cross trainer or a running (aka walking) machine!!!

Brilliant steps Dreamer you really are inspiring me a long with everyone else...
Will be logging soon, I'm sooooo glad I found this site ??? xx

Oh wow girls im super impressed LOL @ 6 steps Emma :) whop Dreamer Lol @ pedo too!!! omg better re think my words LOL Neisie wd hunni clip on belt maybe or one of those arm bands would work if your swinging arms i guess? in ya pocket i guess you be easiest ?
Today not so impressive 6980 but missed the evening walks because went bingo instead lol i will do better tomorrow !!! x x x

Oh wow girls im super impressed LOL @ 6 steps Emma :) whop Dreamer Lol @ pedo too!!! omg better re think my words LOL Neisie wd hunni clip on belt maybe or one of those arm bands would work if your swinging arms i guess? in ya pocket i guess you be easiest ? Today not so impressive 6980 but missed the evening walks because went bingo instead lol i will do better tomorrow !!! x x x

That's great well done and your hitting my daily target for me just about haha ?
I love bingo haven't played for ages hope you had fun xx

9334 today so far feel like I've walked a marathon but pleased, I'm glad to be on the train homeward bound from Cardiff a couple of hours R&R. Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Haha! I keep my phone in my purse so don't think this is right. Think I'll have to try a pedometer as I can't run with a phone or clip it on my pants - I don't have a bum so they barely stay up as it is ;) Hopefully tomorrow is better than this!

Attachments

• image-2342861061.jpg
    image-2342861061.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 11