• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A tad worried

geminilady75

OK, so Day 1 of puree stage and I couldn't wait to get out of bed this morning and finally put some food past these chops!!!

I had a sachet of Oat so Simple with 180mls of skimmed milk and I ate the whole lot!!!! :(
I thought a couple of mouthfuls would have done the trick and filled me up but...nope...this (not so) Goldilocks ate it ALL up.

How is that possible?
:cry:

OK, so Day 1 of puree stage and I couldn't wait to get out of bed this morning and finally put some food past these chops!!!

I had a sachet of Oat so Simple with 180mls of skimmed milk and I ate the whole lot!!!! :(
I thought a couple of mouthfuls would have done the trick and filled me up but...nope...this (not so) Goldilocks ate it ALL up.

How is that possible?
:cry:

didnt you save any for the 3 bears

xxx

What op have you had? I could only manage about 1/2 but I'm a sleeve. I wouldn't worry though, until you're on proper food you won't get proper restriction.

Was the porridge really sloppy?
If it was most of it would go straight through your pouch.
Try to slow down your eating ,put your spoon down between mouthful's
This will help you to feel the restriction
HTH

It wasn't TOO sloppy.
I know it's all still a learning curve and it IS only day 1 but I really don't want to be one of the unfortunate people it doesn't work for.

It will work, if you have had a bypass as your profile suggests. I didn't really have a problem eating porridge, readybrek etc on puree stage, but as soon as I switched to smooth stage the restriction really kicked in (I have a sleeve). As others have suggested, just take it slowly and you will begin to feel more full.

I had exactly the same concerns. I still do as only two weeks post op but due to minor complications I am still on soup for another week! That does seem a lot BUT when it is very runny it does go through the pouch much quicker. I can only manage about 150ml soup in an hour.

Im in week 5 and its only now that I've started eating solid food that I've really noticed it. I was on 125ml of soup but could have eaten more. Wehn I was on puree I could manage a lot more mash etc than I ate - I had toast this morning and literally could not even manage half a slice!

Don't worry too much at your stage. I'm having all sorts of problems eating & 7 months out. I'm having a dilation on Monday but can manage the same porridge as you over 25 minutes even with my problems yet can't manage some foods at all. I think this porridge is quite adaptable to going down as its quite runny.

Bellydancer57 said:
Don't worry too much at your stage. I'm having all sorts of problems eating & 7 months out. I'm having a dilation on Monday but can manage the same porridge as you over 25 minutes even with my problems yet can't manage some foods at all. I think this porridge is quite adaptable to going down as its quite runny.

Hope all goes well tomorrow x

Back