• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a good old clear out.

Neeta

Over the past couple of days I have been clearing out the old clothes, trying things on and putting things in bags ready for the next charity that puts a bag through the door.

Well today, I finally filled three big bags and a charity bag for a Childrens Cancer Charity came through the door, so they get the lot on Tuesday when they collect. Just hope whoever picks them up has a strong back. :D

I have also emptied the large case containing clothes that didn't fit from the garage and got a whole new wardrobe without spending a penny. :D And they fit too. Whoop whoop. :talk017:

Neeta when i met Dave and eventually told him about my surgery and weight loss one of the things he asked me was what had i done with my old clothes along the way as i had gone from a 28 to a size 8. I told him that i had either given them to friends or charity along with loads of shoes as well as my feet had shrunk so much. It was only recently that he said to me that one of the things that really attracted me to him was my giving nature. He works with a woman who never gives to any charities wont buy raffle tickets or anything. i said i would hate to even imagine how much i had given over the 12 months it took me to loos the weight but if my credit card bills were anything to go by for replacing the stuff over and over again it was thousands!!! oops

Charities are great but when you go three clothes like we do. It's eBay all the way for me. It's a no brainer buy and sell when ya finished with xx

Charities are great but when you go three clothes like we do. It's eBay all the way for me. It's a no brainer buy and sell when ya finished with xx

Don't forget that if you sell on Ebay you can give a percentage to charity.:D

You can choose your charity and set the amount you want to give when listing your items

I also have plenty to go on E-bay - things with tags still on them but still too big. Hopefully this will bring a few pennies in for either new clothes or our holiday fund. xx Everyone's a winner. :D

Wonderful :)
I just can not imagine my clothes getting to big for me or not buying the biggest sizes i can find :(
I do have some smaller clothes that i can use on the way down but even daring to think they would ever fit me is a dream!

Last edited:
I must admot to loving the feeling of handing over my clothes to the local charity shops, and yes e-bay is great and gives you a few pennies back for the next lot you need to buy but it is far less hassle giving to the charity shops and I've picked up a few bargains in smaller sizes for my journey down the size ranges. I treat myself to a few things from the cheaper shops like primark etc or the sales to replcae things on the cheap until I have finished shrinking and can treat myself to better quality things that this time will last a life time if I choose some classic things that will stand the test of time and fashion changes.

Full wardrobe and an attic full of all shapes a sizes accumulated over the years lol to help on the way down.

well done neeta, i have just had a big clearout too, as i am hoping to have my surgery done quickly after my last appointment with the surgeon. So tonight as i thought it is time for the winter clothes to come out i went through all the summer things i have and got a big bag full of stuff that i wont be needing next year and they are ready for the charity collection. The only thing is now that i have looked in the wardrobe and drawers and they are empty lol i have kept a few things just in case but i dont know how i have managed in previous winters as i have nothing that is really suitable, oh well looks like other half is gonna be using his credit card a bit when he gets back from working away, thats after i have worked my charm on him to do so lol

MEET???

Don't forget that if you sell on Ebay you can give a percentage to charity.:D

You can choose your charity and set the amount you want to give when listing your items

:)Wendy-when are thee & me gonna meet?:)xxx

Reactions: Ric
Great news Neeta :)

What a confidence booster that is....Well pleased for you hun.

Keep up the good work

Take care

Andy x

I've been very busy with charity bags and email. How nice is it to make a space and clear the clothes that are too big without having that nagging feeling that somewhere down the line I'll need them back again.

Great thread!! And extremely well done to you Neeta!!! :D :D

I have bags of stuff a couple of sizes smaller than I'm currently wearing in the loft, and just can't wait to get at them :) At the moment I'm bagging up my old stuff for my sis, who is currently in the very early stages of trying to get an op arranged for herself, so she has been closely following my progress (and has her eye on a few bits in my wardrobe, lol).

Only 4 days out, and happy just in my loose PJs for now though xxxxx

Back