• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im a bit worried!

sugga

Hi all, im starting the soft/mushy/crispy stage on Thursday and im a little afraid. I watched a video of the whole bypass op the other day and i saw how little my little pouchy is.:eek:
Its freaked me out to be honest and im a bit scared to start the next stage.:cry:

Iv done everything by the book since the start of the milk diet up till now, but im worried in case i eat to much or eat the wrong thing.

I feel sorry for my lil pouchy, bless it, its so tiny and helpless haha.....

Did anyone else worry about this like i am..any advise would be appreciated as im so wanting to have a melba toast with Lf cheese spread on it...oh the little things in life that make us so happy eh lol.xxxx

LOL I was very mixed up Sugga!
I couldn't wait to start different foods as I was so bored of purree/soups....but I was cautious too!
But I wasn't allowed any crisp-breads, melba toast etc until I was about 12 weeks post-op!

It was mushy/mashed food until then and I took it very slowly...mashed tuna, innards of jacket spud, mashed/minced meat, potato, veg...
the most adventurous thing I had was a Babybel light!
It's good to be gentle with your pouchy. She's going to be with you for a long time!

Oh and take it very slow and steady with amounts. Start tiny and see how you go. Now is when you're going to start feeing restriction big-time.
Mine is still very tight. 2 ryvita thins make me feel STUFFED!

i couldnt wait to get of mushy..take your time with the melba toast i tryed them and find them lovely.
Your little pouch will tell you when youve had enough.

Take it steady Andrea... 2 or max 3 melba toasts with a sprinkling of cottage cheese and I'm full...

If you drink loads of water as you are doing, I wait for around an hour after eating I feel better for that... I'm sipping water continually and having more water than tea these days...

I've had a few breakfast issues... so will be looking at more protein around breakfast and I've also felt myself going backwards at times so have gone on odd soup meals to settle things...it's trial and error and we'll get there...

I never have more than half of a small sized cereal bowl of food for a meal at present.

Great to see the weight dropping off you love!

Keep positive.

Love and hugs xxx

Yes it's so light and I loved that. I've also enjoyed it with light dairylea cheese and some sliced tomato minus the skin... on melba toast xxx

Thanks all, i do feel so ready for the next stage.

I have always eaten and loved melba toasts and im missing em so much...

Im wanting baked beans and scrambled egg too.

Not got long to wait now but just a bit worried as what to have i suppose.

Mashed pots with grated cheese i think for starters, then maybe some mashed veg with mince and gravy.
It is exciting but really scary.

Ill let you know how i get on. xxxx

Andrea be careful with baked beans....make sure to get low sugar ones. The normal type could make you dump love.
And eggs too....can be very indigestible...go careful love.

Try not to try too many new things at once so that you know what's upset you.

Eggs are still iffy for me....but poached egg yolk is the best. (not the white)

LOL! don't give up on the eggs etc.....just be careful!
I'm a right bossy boots!

I agree with not trying too many things at once Grace, I've had to eliminate my breakfast issue along the way and it's only elimination that's got to the bottom of it... I'm feeling much better tonight... my mornings are the worst...

Good luck Andrea, always at your side Angel xxx

Bless you, our daily contact helps me through, I'm learning, and feel better as the day progresses at present, just wait til the sunny days and we're out skinny dipping!

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Happy Dance as soon as you're ready Andrea! :D :D :D :D :D

Baby steps! I was very cautious when I moved through my food stages and I can honestly say that I never once got sick or had food stuck. Be very kind to your new lil pouchy!

Back