• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

AAAH!!!! my hair is coming out in clumps.

Hiya...

I have read quite a bit about hairloss following weightloss as I was doing Cambridge before I looked into bypass surgery, and something that was recommended by a fellow CD'er was Selene Active by Wassen.

They are little round tablets in a box and are suitable for vegetarians. You can buy direct from www.wassen.com on this link;

Wassen.com -

I got mine off Ebay for a fraction of the price, and it really is good stuff. You can safely take it with other M'vits/M'minerals as I take them with my Boots A-Z veggie capsules and am within the safe limits :)

I am only 7 weeks post op, but I have already started taking them... prevention is better and all that!!! :rolleyes: :p

Hope you find something that works for you...

x

Last edited:
btw i take sanatogen gold 1 a day, and etra folic acid cos my levels are down a calcichew and zinc, be careful just buying extra as the multivits have alot of other stuff in thembe careful not to overload ok xxx

Hiya...

I have read quite a bit about hairloss following weightloss as I was doing Cambridge before I looked into bypass surgery, and something that was recommended by a fellow CD'er was Selene Active by Wassen.

They are little round tablets in a box and are suitable for vegetarians. You can buy direct from www.wassen.com on this link;

Wassen.com -

I got mine off Ebay for a fraction of the price, and it really is good stuff. You can safely take it with other M'vits/M'minerals as I take them with my Boots A-Z veggie capsules and am within the safe limits :)

I am only 7 weeks post op, but I have already started taking them... prevention is better and all that!!! :rolleyes: :p

Hope you find something that works for you...

x
Thanks for that plan to phone my nurse tomorrow to see what she suggests. x

Hi all wish me luck due to see Dr tomorrow about my hair loss.they gonna do bloods and stuff and hopefully give me the tablets that you have all suggested.

Will give you an update tomorrow. Thanks again for all your advice and support xx

Am so confused now!!!

went to see my Gp today after speaking to the bariatric nurse who said i needed zinc and selinium. He has refused to give me the selinium as he says it is for treatment of psoriasis or skin conditions not hair loss. He also said that taking zinc will stop my iron tablets from working so not sure what i should do next?????

It's really getting me down it coming out in handfulls. x:(

Oh Tammy I dont know what to suggest as I am not that far down the road yet, but I will send you a big hug until someone comes along with the answer, hang on in there....((((hug)))) Linda x

I don't know if this helps but I've been told to take vitamin B to help the loss of hair after my op.
xxxx

Thanks Linda and Gina, will need to see if i can see my consultant as if i carry on like this will have no hair left! :(

Thanks lovebug!!! maybe need to do a you and get the long locks cut off so that the thinning doesn't look as bad. You doing great and you look fantastic x

Tammy i`m sure someone already answered but my consultant told me ZINC & SELENIUM if hair loss occurred to be taken for six months. Also he said that the over the counter products are not of a high enough strength & actually gave the name of two prescription forms to get from GP that are the correct doses of these meds for WLS hair loss.

I can dig the letter out & let you know what these were if its any help, just let me know x

Tammy i`m sure someone already answered but my consultant told me ZINC & SELENIUM if hair loss occurred to be taken for six months. Also he said that the over the counter products are not of a high enough strength & actually gave the name of two prescription forms to get from GP that are the correct doses of these meds for WLS hair loss.

I can dig the letter out & let you know what these were if its any help, just let me know x
Hi Claire that would be great. my GP refused to give me selinium as he said it was for psoriasis not hair loss. he has now given me zinc but has said i can't take the dose advised as it will stop my iron tablets working. thanks hun xx

hi tam
i hope you are feeling better and that you have sorted something out with the hair loss hun?
emmax
Hi Emma, am ok just finding the whole hair loss thing quite upsetting always had thick long hair and it is looking scraggy. going to get it cut and that on saturday to hopefully make it look better. I'm just confused too as my GP wouldn't give me selinium as he said it was for psoriasis and not hair loss and also said that the zinc would stop my iron tablets from working so not sure what to do next really.

Thanks for your support hope you are doing ok xx

Hi,

Just wanted to say again about Silica, it really is a great supplement for hair. I dont think anyone acknowledged my suggestion about it some time ago. It may be worth a try if you are that worried and want to stop/slow the hair loss?

Kel x

Hi,

Just wanted to say again about Silica, it really is a great supplement for hair. I dont think anyone acknowledged my suggestion about it some time ago. It may be worth a try if you are that worried and want to stop/slow the hair loss?

Kel x
Thanks Kel, will have a look for that. x

Well just wanted to update you all. I have been prescribed selenaise which comes in little viles and zinc. I have also had my calcium changed from calichew to calcium B3 which is supposed to be absorbed better.

went to the hairdressers today and had the lovely long locks chopped off so although it looks thinner than before it doesn't look as crap as it did. feeling alot more positive hopefully won't end up bald after all!!!! thanks guys and gals for all your support xx

Back