• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair falling out

tashaliza

I'm 3 months post op and I know that a lot of people suffer from hair loss at this stage but wow :(
I had a shower and washed my hair today and it started coming out by the handful!!!!!
I must have had a good two handfuls and a brush full as well,
I'm lucky as I have really curly hair so it's not showing at the moment but I'm worried that it will if it continues...... How long does this stage last for???

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

im hoping not for much longer! my hair started falling out at 4 months and is still coming out :eek: i think its meant to settle around the 9 month mark, nothing to do but ride it out i think x

I lost quite a lot of hair between months 3 and 6, but it's getting much better now. I'm only losing a little bit.

Typically this lasts for upto 7 months, I lost half the hair on my head and looked awful, but it did pass and grow back. The vitamin selenium is said to help, but you need to have been taking it from when you had the surgery, but there is no harm in starting it now and it could reduce the time it goes on for.

Good luck

Mandy x

Back