• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Acid Reflux

Celticfrost

Hiya. Haven't been on in a while, hope everybody is OK and doing well.

Being cursed with acid reflux for the past couple of months and its getting worse. Wakes me up in the middle of the night, had to start and prop myself up with pillows instead of sleeping on my front. Its like that in the morning until I have breakfast. Comes on through the day if I'm hungry.
Thought I could live with it but its getting worse, so I've realised that the band is now too tight for me and I need to have some taken out. I've got 8.25ml (last fill was May) in a 10ml band and I'm booked in for Thursday.
Think I'm scared abit as I like / got use to the size of my portions and suppose I'm thinking I've reached my goal and everything its taken to get to this, that I don't want to mess it up.
But also with reaching my goal, I've now got to try and maintain, which for the past year as being the totally opposite. Got to find a middle ground and I'm thinking on Thursday to have taken out 1.25ml, which will take it down to 7ml
Any banders maintaining, how are you managing.

I have a tight band but because I'm not suffering (apart from not being able to eat solids) I'm leaving it for as long as I can.One of the other girls who come on here had to have hers emptied due to acid reflux too and they told her that her band had slipped. Good luck for thursday and I'm sure you'll manage to maintain with your will powerxx

Hiya. Haven't been on in a while, hope everybody is OK and doing well.

Being cursed with acid reflux for the past couple of months and its getting worse. Wakes me up in the middle of the night, had to start and prop myself up with pillows instead of sleeping on my front. Its like that in the morning until I have breakfast. Comes on through the day if I'm hungry.
Thought I could live with it but its getting worse, so I've realised that the band is now too tight for me and I need to have some taken out. I've got 8.25ml (last fill was May) in a 10ml band and I'm booked in for Thursday.
Think I'm scared abit as I like / got use to the size of my portions and suppose I'm thinking I've reached my goal and everything its taken to get to this, that I don't want to mess it up.
But also with reaching my goal, I've now got to try and maintain, which for the past year as being the totally opposite. Got to find a middle ground and I'm thinking on Thursday to have taken out 1.25ml, which will take it down to 7ml
Any banders maintaining, how are you managing.

Sorry I just don't understand those fill measurements at all...but I just wanted to ask it you are on a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazol?...this would definitely help if you were allowed to take it.

Good luck with your fill and the reflux...(I know it;s awful)

(((huggs)))

I have a tight band but because I'm not suffering (apart from not being able to eat solids) I'm leaving it for as long as I can.One of the other girls who come on here had to have hers emptied due to acid reflux too and they told her that her band had slipped. Good luck for thursday and I'm sure you'll manage to maintain with your will powerxx

Gaynor,

You really need to sort your band, you should not be on sloppies this far out from your op. A tight band is not a good band and you could be suffering nutritionally.

You should be able to eat solid proteins and not rely on slider foods.

Please get a little taken out and learn to enjoy food again.:eek::)

Back