• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Acid Reflux

buglady

Hi everyone its been ages since ive posted i still pop my head in every now and then but not been posting . I was wondering if there is any long time banders that have been suffering from acid reflux badly esp when laying down at night i have to clear my stomach from drink and and undigested food by being sick, the feeling i want to be sick and get all the bad acid up is horrible! My funding has ended at my provider and my gp has refered me to my local hospital to which my surgon works at which is great(just waiting to hear!) . Ive looked at various web forums to find out whats causing this today ive thrown up most of what ive tried to eat which isnt great! Forums suggested my symptoms are the cause of a slipped band or the band taking in my body fluid sort of a osmosis effect where my band has adjusted to whats in my body? Just wanna bit if feedback if anyone is experiencing the same thing im on zolton fast tab acid tablets what just seem to make the sick taste nicer if thats not too graphic many thanks for reading! Alison xx

Hi Alison

Sorry to hear youv'e been suffering, reflux can also be a sign of a too tight band. Hopefuly you will get your appointment through soon xx

You should get this checked-out asap. I've read that post-banding acid reflux that lasts more than a few days should be investigated right away.

Good luck! I hope this gets fixed very soon x

Hello there

I would get on to your provider sooner rather then later , I had the same problem as you earlier this year and when I went to my provider my band had excess fluid in it and it was filled to capacity, Long term acid reflux isnt good for your vocal cords and oesophagus and can cause long term damage if not rectified ( I had lost the use of my voice several times in a short period of time through acid reflux - Please do not leave it , even if you get checked out with your wls provider you can dismiss it if is not a tight band and it will put your mind at rest - Wishing you all the best Buglady xx

Pleased you posted this BD ... Didnt know you had gone through this. So important to share with others x

Thanks for your replies I'm out of free period of treatment only had a years after care so I've been going down the nhs route bit of a long process but from today it appears my gp is concerned for me so I'm going to get a emergency gp app on Friday I have an inset day at school Friday and hopefully they will send me up the bariactric unit that day the receptionists phoned me back today after I mentioned I've been throwing up up to 6 times a day today I've been sick once before bed but prob now I'm laying down twice during the night this is a good day! Just dosed my self with a glug of gavascon a few more days wont ale any difference to me!! I think my band has absorbed more liquid or slipped I will let you all know the outcome Friday wish me luck!!x

sorry to hear you are having problems good luck with sorting it out soon xx

So glad to hear that your GP is helping and that your symptoms will be investigated, and hopefully sorted-out, very soon x

Back